Jan Transfer Window | Page 38 | Vital Football

Jan Transfer Window

Leicester after Tarkowski. Will go if Dyche can line up Worrall. Big money can move mountains.
I don’t think Dyche wants to pay what we want for Worrall and with Worrall not agitating for a move it could be tough getting a deal done. Summer will be a different matter though.

Not saying it’s ideal, but I do think Lolley and Cash share a few similar qualities and if you were to eliminate the Cash comparison and just ask ‘Lolley trial or continue with Christie/Jenkinson’ I think I’d be tempted to give it a go. It’s not like you’d be losing outstanding defending ability if Christie were left out... and let’s be honest, you’d be gaining if jenkinsons out, regardless of if anyone came in or not!
We could play Mbe Soh at full back chap

Not saying it’s ideal, but I do think Lolley and Cash share a few similar qualities and if you were to eliminate the Cash comparison and just ask ‘Lolley trial or continue with Christie/Jenkinson’ I think I’d be tempted to give it a go. It’s not like you’d be losing outstanding defending ability if Christie were left out... and let’s be honest, you’d be gaining if jenkinsons out, regardless of if anyone came in or not!

I would stick with Christie; he offers little going forward but his defending has been fairly solid of late

I think if we get an offer for Sow we let him go. Like other posters have said, his appearance ratio is poor, and we need to get younger and more dynamic in this position this summer. Just a shame we are hamstrung with Arter and Colback for a few years!
Interesting discussion on Lolley at RB. Same discussion could be had with Yates going into CB. He's certainly limited as a midfielder, but would be above average as CB IMO. Bottom line is, in an ideal world all 5 of our CM (Colback, Arter, Sow, Yates, and Bachirou) go and we start again in this area

Degrading to a full back....which I hate

That would be a possibility long term; can we afford to start swapping and changing at this stage?

Depends on the result! U look at the squad and we could field a decent 3 at the back set up. The fact our fullbacks are better going forwards than defending also lends itself to the idea but when we are so fragile...

On the other hand, back to back losses will necessitate some kind of change and 3 at the back solves a few of our problems in theory.

Think we probably need to wait until we are closer to safety but never say never.

I think if we get an offer for Sow we let him go. Like other posters have said, his appearance ratio is poor, and we need to get younger and more dynamic in this position this summer. Just a shame we are hamstrung with Arter and Colback for a few years!
Interesting discussion on Lolley at RB. Same discussion could be had with Yates going into CB. He's certainly limited as a midfielder, but would be above average as CB IMO. Bottom line is, in an ideal world all 5 of our CM (Colback, Arter, Sow, Yates, and Bachirou) go and we start again in this area

No. We do NOT need to get a younger and more dynamic player in his position.

We need to get an over-the-hill crocked hasbeen piece of dogshit mercenary with a wank attitude, nothing to prove and coming for once last big final payday.

No. We do NOT need to get a younger and more dynamic player in his position.

We need to get an over-the-hill crocked hasbeen piece of dogshit mercenary with a wank attitude, nothing to prove and coming for once last big final payday.
Apologies Zed, what I was thinking I don't know :-)

See the article above about Duane Holmes - clubs know it happens, players/agents have to be cute and keep it off social media etc - but, if Sow goes, it will be for a pay cut.

If he stays, will he feign injury - just to pick up a wage?

As you can see, we'll end up over a barrel - either paying wages for remainder of season or letting him go for free as it's the lesser of 2 evils!

I really don't like how often we suggest players feign injury.

Lincoln v Donny looks a tasty fixture this weekend. Both in good form and both have a smattering of ex Forest and loanee players.