Jamie McCombe - The caretaker. | Vital Football

Jamie McCombe - The caretaker.

nlondonimp

Vital Champions League
Think he deserves his own thread... what do we know about him outside of his playing career? He has been the third man with the cowleys since day one, so must know the drill pretty well, hope he has a nice big folder containing all the extra cowley 1%s. And possibly some of his own to add. I hope we keep him in the new setup (assistant manager?) to give us some continuity.

Must admit I hadn’t heard him speak in interview, so this was interesting.
https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/video-jamie-mccombe-exclusive-interview/

https://staceywest.net/2019/03/28/e...aining-ground-and-his-commitment-to-the-club/
March 2019 interview, States here that he lives in Yorkshire and commutes each day.

Family and his brother are big Huddersfield fans, both brothers have played for Huddersfield. Jamie started there as a junior.

Thought one.
Could we get his brother into coaching and create a second team of brothers at the club. I really believe the brother element is one of the cowley trump cards.

Thought two.
Jamie’s link to Huddersfield... could he be going back there as soon as the dust settles to join the cowleys?

Jamie could be caught between 2 stools with the Cowley`s departure.

Hopefully he has a contract going forward(only detail found till june 2019) out of date, but what are his chances of following DC.......
.......low in my opinion as HTFC already have established backroom staff.....nearer his home.

On the other hand Jamie is in a good position to play second fiddle to the incumbent manager as the changeover is important and he has gleaned experience from the Cowleys to add to his own vast playing experiences.
Top player,decent lad and i wish him luck in this time of change.

option 3: Jamie /Shacks(p/m) carry the role to the end of the season.........i would be happy with that.

ps Jamie let`s sort out this defending from corners?...........not your fault.

Feel he will follow Danny to Huddersfield, unless he is unbelievably successful in his caretaker role. Jamie will have watched him and milked him for everything he can though.

He probably still speaks with DC almost every day. With Huddersfield not playing until lunchtime on Sunday, you might find he is wired in to him on Saturday afternoon!

After Danny's wife and kids, probably only Alex Woodyard loves him more than Jamie.

Last edited:
Given Huddersfield is a nearer commute from Harrogate and with that fact about Jamie & his family all being Huddersfield fans, I think it's nailed on he will go there too as soon as we have a new manager.

Given Huddersfield is a nearer commute from Harrogate and with that fact about Jamie & his family all being Huddersfield fans, I think it's nailed on he will go there too as soon as we have a new manager.

departure clause restrictions might be in place to stop any poaching.

it is a common business practice and Clive is switched on to this scenario.

Sadly, money talks in football.
you mean more compensation money for breaking the departure restrictions then that`s more income for the Imps......yipee.
i`m hoping Clive had all the small details in those employment contracts not like in the past when it was a total shambles at LCFC.

Cowleys leave,that`s life it a job for them but Clive Nates leaves and you are in big trouble,(fan,finance man,business strategist, man of integrity,a fan`s man)

total confidence we will get a decent replacement for the Crowleys.

This may also depend on who comes in and whether they bring their own team with them which happens quite a lot.
I'd like Jamie to stay but wouldn't be surprised to see him go north once the dust settles
In the mean time though he will do us proud in the caretaker role

This may also depend on who comes in and whether they bring their own team with them which happens quite a lot.
Exactly right. We have all been focusing on whether or not DC will take any of his backroom staff with him without considering that many managers nowadays come as a team, rather than as an individual. Will the new manager want McCombe? Mike Hine? And so on.

Sadly, money talks in football. Which may actually be a benefit, that Clive utilises.

Clive is a very experienced businessman and chartered accountant. The wealth of experience on our board is frightening. Greg Levine is also a top bloke and so many others too. Greg owns Vitality whom sponsor the T20 Blast. They know what they are doing when it comes to business, wheeling and dealing and all that thing.

The biggest test for our new Chairman will be this, and the fact that he activated Operation Gowts Bridge, when they left us, shows that they expected this sooner or later. I would suggest that it may have come as a bit of a surprise that it didn't happen in the close season, as our previous manager said it would....but still...it shows that unlike most public sector organisations, whom employ succession planners, the club have actually done it.

This must be an amazingly busy time for Clive and the board...not forgetting Liam, who must be drowning under applications from the average person in the street and characters of whom always seem to apply when vacancies occur at a club in demand.

I'd like Jamie to stay but wouldn't be surprised to see him go north once the dust settles
In the mean time though he will do us proud in the caretaker role

Providing he knows when to turn the heating on, and has all the keys on a proper chain.

Clive is a very experienced businessman and chartered accountant. The wealth of experience on our board is frightening. Greg Levine is also a top bloke and so many others too. Greg owns Vitality whom sponsor the T20 Blast. They know what they are doing when it comes to business, wheeling and dealing and all that thing.

The biggest test for our new Chairman will be this, and the fact that he activated Operation Gowts Bridge, when they left us, shows that they expected this sooner or later. I would suggest that it may have come as a bit of a surprise that it didn't happen in the close season, as our previous manager said it would....but still...it shows that unlike most public sector organisations, whom employ succession planners, the club have actually done it.

This must be an amazingly busy time for Clive and the board...not forgetting Liam, who must be drowning under applications from the average person in the street and characters of whom always seem to apply when vacancies occur at a club in demand.

most of the applications are potential toilet paper,paper darts pointing straight in the wastebin.
they will appoint on the same basis that they did before,win rate and promotions on the cv
my tip is Nigel Adkins

most of the applications are potential toilet paper,paper darts pointing straight in the wastebin.
they will appoint on the same basis that they did before,win rate and promotions on the cv
my tip is Nigel Adkins

Having allegedly turned down the udders, would he stoop to us?

Having allegedly turned down the udders, would he stoop to us?
spent a good few years at Scunny.
lives in Gainsborough,would get a hefty signing on fee,currently out of work so could start asap.
meets all criteria, win rate plus a bunch of promotions
will be fully aware of lcfc
confusion re the huddersfield job,reported as that on bbc leeds but denied elsewhere...............not totally sure.