Jake Beesley Signs | Vital Football

Jake Beesley Signs

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
Blackpool Football Club is pleased to announce the signing of Jake Beesley for an undisclosed fee from Rochdale.

The forward, 25, has agreed a three-and-a-half year contract at Bloomfield Road, with the Club also holding an option to extend it by a further year.

Recently named the Sky Bet League Two Player of the Month for December, Beesley has scored 12 goals in 26 games for Rochdale this season, including four braces.

The Sheffield-born former Salford City and Solihull Moors man is the son of ex-defender Paul Beesley, who spent a season with Blackpool towards the end of his career.

On signing for Blackpool, Jake Beesley said:

“I’m delighted to be here. It’s a great fit for myself and I can’t wait to get started. This season has been a good goalscoring one for me and I feel like I’m ready to make the step up and help the team.

“Players that have worked under the gaffer have improved and gone on to do really well. When you’re making a decision like this, it’s something you take into account.”

Neil Critchley added:

“We’re always identifying players who will improve us, and Jake is somebody that we have tracked for a while. He has impressed with his performances for Rochdale over the last two seasons and fits the mould of the players we want here. He’s hungry, ambitious and wants to improve.

“He’s a player who likes to press from the front, and he suits the way we play. He adds to the attacking options we have at the Club, and we’re really looking forward to working with him and helping him to develop his game further.

Don’t know much about him but Rochdale fans seem to be giving positive reviews.

Hopefully he will be a great signing, just hope we can get him the service.

Don’t know much about him but Rochdale fans seem to be giving positive reviews.

Hopefully he will be a great signing, just hope we can get him the service.
I watched him when Rochdale played Plymouth in the FA Cup he was a handful for both centre halves but Rochdale lumped it up most of the time maybe we will see a tweak to our style some of the time - can only be a good thing another option the opposition will need to be aware of - more mobile than Gary goals is these days so should definitely help the press