JAGIELKA TO LEAVE EVERTON | Vital Football

JAGIELKA TO LEAVE EVERTON

rotweissler

Vital Reserves Team
Veteran Everton defender Phil Jagielka has confirmed on Instagram he will be leaving the club when his contract expires this summer.
The centre back, 36, has been at Goodison for the past 12 seasons.

Veteran Everton defender Phil Jagielka has confirmed on Instagram he will be leaving the club when his contract expires this summer.
The centre back, 36, has been at Goodison for the past 12 seasons.
a lot of blades against him coming back to the lane and i can understand that feeling but providing his salary is within our budget i think he could do a job for us on a 1 year deal especially if it helps us stay in the prem in any case chris has the final decision and thats good enough for me with any players he brings in

a lot of blades against him coming back to the lane and i can understand that feeling but providing his salary is within our budget i think he could do a job for us on a 1 year deal especially if it helps us stay in the prem in any case chris has the final decision and thats good enough for me with any players he brings in

Agree with this, but its got to be on the right money, can see him going championship on a 2 yr deal for daft money for final pay day.

He never seemed like the type to chase the cash to me, and I reckon his experience would be good in the dressing room even if he doesn't start every game. Kind of like Ashley Cole at Derby this season.

Can he overlap? This isn't a team for playing in a 20yard wide band across the pitch.
dont think theres gonna be quite as much of that next season fkb can see us going to 4 at the back especially away from home as for jags its a no brainer imo providing his wage demand comes within our wage structure as much as we need younger players coming in a couple of experienced heads wont go amiss

Can he overlap? This isn't a team for playing in a 20yard wide band across the pitch.

I would imagine yes, but not with the same stamina that Bash does it. A decade ago he would have been perfect for that sort of role (if it had existed at the time) but he'd probably have to be the central player now unless he was coming on for the last ten or fifteen minutes. Like I said, I don't think he is what we are looking for based on what CW and Bettis said in that end of season interview (young, assets to the club etc.)

I'd be happy to see him back.

We're one up at Turf Moor with ten minutes to go - you look to a player like Jags to bring on to see the game out.