Jackson Signs for Two More Seasons | Vital Football

Jackson Signs for Two More Seasons

Excellent. Yes some will gripe that he doesn't play every game but we are building a young team with potential and with that you also need an older head who has the experience to guide those youngsters during the game.
Assuming Poole will move to new pastures probably next seasons captain

This is the start of good news building up for next season. Adam is a consistent performer and an integral member at the heart of our defence. I hope Regan Poole sees the wisdom of also staying at a club that values him as well.

With Jacko and O'Connor forming the bedrock next year, Poole probably moving on and LM being injured I really do hope we can unearth a ball playing CB with great pace from somewhere.

That would be a fine combination to achieve. Are there many L1 defenders out there that fit the bill. Tough ask for the recruitment division.

Any other reason to take him off at h/t?
We light-heartedly suggested he would probably get injured having signed a new deal!

My reading of the situation (doubtless totally wrong!) is that Shrewsbury had a speedy attacker (Phillips?) causing O'Connor trouble on the left of our defence and Kennedy wanted to get Roughan on to counteract that. As Jackson had only just returned from missing a game with a bad back he was the one taken off rather than O'Connor.