Jack Tucker | Vital Football

Jack Tucker

HullGills

Vital Reserves Team
We all accept that Jack is leaving, but how high/low does everyone think the tribunal will set his fee, no add ons just the basic fee. When it's been sorted out will see who was the nearest, sorry no prizes!

Don't think the basic will be even that high. I would guess it would be something like £250k plus add ons linked to number of performances (after 25 games, 50 games, etc) and a percentage of any profit on sell ons.

I think Egan's compo figure was structured like that.

Of course, if he goes somewhere like Aberdeen we get diddly squat.

Don't think the basic will be even that high. I would guess it would be something like £250k plus add ons linked to number of performances (after 25 games, 50 games, etc) and a percentage of any profit on sell ons.

I think Egan's compo figure was structured like that.

Of course, if he goes somewhere like Aberdeen we get diddly squat.

We should get more than we did for Egan - more games played, he started with us etc

This is of course if he doesn’t end up heading north of the border.

It’ll largely depend on where he ends up in the EFL system I would guess, we’d get more if he goes to the Champ than if he goes to a league 1 former championship side I reckon.

I don’t think £350k is that far off either.

£400k with add ons to the championship I’d guess.
He’s an established player, not a prospect.

Is it in part determined by what we offer as wages? Or is that a myth? If so, we should immediately offer him our largest wage ever 😁

In seriousness, I expect that 250-400k figure to be pretty much it. Would expect one of Pompey, Ipswich or Charlton to get him. Prefer (and hope for him) he gets an offer from the likes of Millwall, QPR, Reading, Bristol City or similar.

For the benefit of Hullgills game I’ll plump for Charlton and £330k plus add ons.

We'll be lucky to get £150k for him. He's a reasonably good div 1 defender. I haven't seen him looking comfortable with the ball at his feet.

I might seem pessimistic but I don't think it is worth debating. Tucker has gone. A decent player who might even make it at Championship level ?
I don't think our defence is the best way to judge a player.Especially a centre back who has been used in midfield and part of a three a fair bit this season. I think he will do well but he is not that exciting.But sorry the possibility of a small fee in a few years time does not excite me.

If you take what we got for Egan as a guide,I'd guess we'd get somewhere similar for Tucker as a figure (400k) then some add ons.

It's a compensation figure for his development as well as for his future prospects. He's been with us since the age of 7 and has made 120 League One appearances by the age 23.

If you take what we got for Egan as a guide,I'd guess we'd get somewhere similar for Tucker as a figure (400k) then some add ons.

It's a compensation figure for his development as well as for his future prospects. He's been with us since the age of 7 and has made 120 League One appearances by the age 23.
Tucker isn't anywhere near the same quality as Egan dream on .If he was we would not have been relegated.

Tucker isn't anywhere near the same quality as Egan dream on .If he was we would not have been relegated.

Chris, I think you mis understand what the tribunal is for. It's not solely about how good a player is, it's compensation for his development whils at said club as well as future prospects. We had Egan for two seasons. Tucker has been here since the age of 7, come through our youth set up to make 120 odd first team appearances in League 1, similar to Egan at the same age.

Not sure Egan would have kept us up on his own this season but each to their own.

That’s not relevant Chris.
It doesn’t work on fans opinions.
Btw, for what it’s worth, in my opinion, Tucker is a quality defender and will only get better.
135 first team appearances.
Many players don’t get that in their career.
For perspective, he’s played more games than Jordan Graham who is four years older.
Do we agree that Graham is a good player?

Chris, I think you mis understand what the tribunal is for. It's not solely about how good a player is, it's compensation for his development whils at said club as well as future prospects. We had Egan for two seasons. Tucker has been here since the age of 7, come through our youth set up to make 120 odd first team appearances in League 1, similar to Egan at the same age.

Not sure Egan would have kept us up on his own this season but each to their own.
That’s not relevant Chris.
It doesn’t work on fans opinions.
Btw, for what it’s worth, in my opinion, Tucker is a quality defender and will only get better.
135 first team appearances.
Many players don’t get that in their career.
For perspective, he’s played more games than Jordan Graham who is four years older.
Do we agree that Graham is a good player?
I still don't see that Tucker is worth anywhere near the sort of figure being quoted. He has played games and is definitely worth a punt .But prices are now deflated. If Tucker moves to Scotland we get Diddy squat .If in England I would be surprised if we got 200k maximum and that is likely to take years .I don't see what is worth worrying about.

If he moves to Scotland he falls outside of the remit of the FA.
If he moves in England then the tribunal system kicks in.
Previous history would dictate somewhere in the area of £300/400k plus add ons.
It’s not up to the club he goes to.
It’s up to the independent tribunal.
The only way the tribunal is avoided is if both clubs agree a fee.
That’s possible but unlikely.
Scally would ask for a million.
The buying club would offer £50.
That’s why there’s a tribunal system.

If he moves to Scotland he falls outside of the remit of the FA.
If he moves in England then the tribunal system kicks in.
Previous history would dictate somewhere in the area of £300/400k plus add ons.
It’s not up to the club he goes to.
It’s up to the independent tribunal.
The only way the tribunal is avoided is if both clubs agree a fee.
That’s possible but unlikely.
Scally would ask for a million.
The buying club would offer £50.
That’s why there’s a tribunal system.
I understand that but fail to see him anymore than a good league one centre back or squad player at Championship level.300k/400 sorry I don't think so. I would guess you are right that Scally will want a million. However if it is true that he was one of the lowest paid players in the first team squad. I find it very hard to believe the tribunal will side with us.

I understand that but fail to see him anymore than a good league one centre back or squad player at Championship level.300k/400 sorry I don't think so. I would guess you are right that Scally will want a million. However if it is true that he was one of the lowest paid players in the first team squad. I find it very hard to believe the tribunal will side with us.

If (and its a big if) we turned down money for Tucker in January that would add strength to our case at tribunal too.