Jack Tucker - potential interest | Page 2 | Vital Football

Jack Tucker - potential interest

Absolutely, better to have some semblance of a team to watch than no team at all.
The coming months might not be pretty but I'll be grateful just to have my club survive
We looks like a decent squad already next year. Out of those who I think are out of contract there’s only really Ehmer who would be impossible to replace to the same level.

Otherwise there are some good talent but how many games will the others play if they’ve either struggled getting into the team this season, or otherwise suffered with injury. Fuller still looking in good conditioning I suppose. How will Byrne recover?

People on Twitter reckon these are out of contracts:

It sounds like the following are out of contract:
- RCC
- Hanlan
- Pringle
- Mandron
- Byrne
- Fuller
- Ehmer
- Ben Allen
- TJ Bramble
- Jack Morrell
+ more youths

Out of contract - add Akinde and Cisse too

EDIT - Akinde deal length never mentioned when we signed him, it's a mystery :sorry:

Last edited:
A big call .I can foresee a big clear out not because it is what Evans wants but simply to survive. Be surprised if anywhere near half of out of contact players stay .Reduced pay offers are likely.That will see some better players turn offers down.There are going to masses of good players out there without clubs.

Are you sure about Akinde? We paid a fee for him, didn't we? Surely we wouldn't have paid a transfer fee to sign a player just until the end of the season?

Maybe not, just looked at my stats and have him down as a ? year deal, as I don't think the length was ever mentioned, sorry for any confusion!

I was gonna say - there’s no way Scally’s paid a 6-figure sum for someone who’s out of contract half a year later!

I’ve googled Cisse and you’re right, he’s out of contract in the Summer.

8 players under contract next season including Lee Hodgson who is unlikely to remain.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/sport/amp/loan-duo-might-not-be-back-225353/

Do we honestly think RCC and Hanlan will shine next season? If not then I like to think we can get better, even if on loan.

Depending on cost i would keep both Hanlan and RCC. Both are still quite young (22 and 23 respectively I believe) and have at times done a good job for us. Neither go missing in games and always seem to give it their all.

More consistency from Hanlan and more game time for RCC now the loanees have gone and we could have a couple of decent players on our hands.

Also the team were performing well last year and the more of the nucleus we can retain it may give us a better starting platform for next season. If you recall we started quite slow last season. In our first 18 games we only got 21 points. In our last 17 we got 30. If we start better and can maintain that consistency a tilt at the play offs may be on the cards.

We should know all know tomorrow who is staying and who is on their way

Rangers are supposedly after lyle taylor and I wouldnt be surprised if they also went for jack tucker building a young team to compete with celtic I would like to think we could get at least 2.5 million we may also need to sell ogilvie and then go again . Even this hadn't of happened with covid 19 we would of sold one of them .

What I would like and what I think will happen are two different things.
I wouldn’t be surprised if all those out of contract were released to give Evans more budget to work with.
However he has spoken highly of Ehmer and Hanlan so I could see them being offered new deals, Ehmer more likely than Hanlan I would say.

On the subject of hanlan. Danny Kedwell said he needs a player alongside him telling him where to be positionally. With that he'd be an excellent player. I think he's nailed it. I expect hanlan to be offered a deal. RCC not, shame as I really like him but he didn't play very often under Evans so why keep him ?

If we keep ehmer and ogilve then we could sell tucker and still have a strong CB duo, albeit with no cover. We just a left back and right back if we assume fuller will stop this season.