Jack Moylan - 9.48 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Jack Moylan - 9.48

I don't have any knowledge of the players contracts at the Imps. But it seems to be the modern trend to have buy out clauses in them.
I don't know if the club have a crystal ball but doubt anyone could have predicted the impact Moylan has had so quickly. So those thinking about raking in millions for his sale or others like Erhahon etc.. might be dissapointed in the fee we could demand for them.
However we need to be careful we don't put too much expectation on his shoulders he is only a young player starting in his career in the EFL.

I don't have any knowledge of the players contracts at the Imps. But it seems to be the modern trend to have buy out clauses in them.
I don't know if the club have a crystal ball but doubt anyone could have predicted the impact Moylan has had so quickly. So those thinking about raking in millions for his sale or others like Erhahon etc.. might be dissapointed in the fee we could demand for them.
However we need to be careful we don't put too much expectation on his shoulders he is only a young player starting in his career in the EFL.
The key is most likely to be in any sell-on clauses we insert in a deal. If a player goes up to the Championship or lower Premiership for a million or so, that's great. But if they then move for £20m or more, getting a percentage is going to be very handy. It's why the Toffolo deal has been so good for us.

It’s the club policy to develop players and sell on, it’s the only way to keep the club afloat, so we will have to get used to players leaving probably earlier than we wish.

I am talking a while ago now but at a fans forum at some point I’m pretty sure they said buy out clauses were generally a deal breaker when signing players because of the develop and sell strategy. (I’m paraphrasing absolutely everything and speaking from a foggy memory). That doesn’t mean we won’t have players with them but equally I don’t think we should assume they exist either.