Jack Grealish | Vital Football

Jack Grealish

redreg

Vital Squad Member
Rumour floating around this morning that we are interested in signing him .
Seemed out of favour with Steve Bruce last season didn't do much but Villa were well off the pace and had far too many incomings left them disfunctional at tomes .
Definitely the Type of player we should be looking at as one of the front 3/4 ,young ,quick ,clever and got good technique would fit into out sustem well . He would gave a point too prove aswell .

Very good technically, certainly a very good option at the right price, can be a bit of an arse though.

Main thing with this is he's coming from Steve Bruce, so what's wrong with him?

I would never sign anyone from Bruce again

Fryatt
Hobbs
McCormack
Tshibola

Grealish is a total nob who thinks he is better than what he is.

MarvinsPA - 6/6/2017 12:38

Very good technically, certainly a very good option at the right price, can be a bit of an arse though.

Main thing with this is he's coming from Steve Bruce, so what's wrong with him?

Think you've answered the final question in the last bit of your first sentence.

the jock - 6/6/2017 12:42

Fryatt
Hobbs
McCormack
Tshibola

Just been selected for the England under 21s for the European Under-21 championship in Poland this month so there are other people who think he is better than he is.

England Under-21 squad

Goalkeepers: Angus Gunn (Manchester City), Jonathan Mitchell (Derby County), Jordan Pickford (Sunderland).

Defenders: Calum Chambers (Arsenal), Ben Chilwell (Leicester City), Kortney Hause (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Rob Holding (Arsenal), Mason Holgate (Everton), Dominic Iorfa (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Alfie Mawson (Swansea City), Jack Stephens (Southampton), Matt Targett (Southampton).

Midfielders: Lewis Baker (Chelsea), Nathaniel Chalobah (Chelsea), Jack Grealish (Aston Villa), Will Hughes (Derby County), John Swift (Reading), James Ward-Prowse (Southampton)

Forwards: Tammy Abraham (Chelsea), Demarai Gray (Leicester City), Jacob Murphy (Norwich City), Nathan Redmond (Southampton), Cauley Woodrow (Fulham)

Standby: Joe Wildsmith (Sheffield Wednesday), Sam McQueen (Southampton)

Nanpantan red - 6/6/2017 13:16

Fryatt
Hobbs
McCormack
Tshibola

Just been selected for the England under 21s for the European Under-21 championship in Poland this month so there are other people who think he is better than he is.

England Under-21 squad

Goalkeepers: Angus Gunn (Manchester City), Jonathan Mitchell (Derby County), Jordan Pickford (Sunderland).

Defenders: Calum Chambers (Arsenal), Ben Chilwell (Leicester City), Kortney Hause (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Rob Holding (Arsenal), Mason Holgate (Everton), Dominic Iorfa (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Alfie Mawson (Swansea City), Jack Stephens (Southampton), Matt Targett (Southampton).

Midfielders: Lewis Baker (Chelsea), Nathaniel Chalobah (Chelsea), Jack Grealish (Aston Villa), Will Hughes (Derby County), John Swift (Reading), James Ward-Prowse (Southampton)

Forwards: Tammy Abraham (Chelsea), Demarai Gray (Leicester City), Jacob Murphy (Norwich City), Nathan Redmond (Southampton), Cauley Woodrow (Fulham)

was dropped last month for showing up late to a players meeting. he comes with baggage.

If you can get his head and attitude sorted, then I do think he could be an excellent signing, with significant potential sell on value. Posters here being slightly harsh on him ability wise IMO.

However, the problem is, as others have also already said, he is by all accounts a plonker who will probably waste the undoubted talent he does have. And we've got a track record that indicates player attitudes get worse not better under our roof! So on balance I think I would leave this one.

Nanpantan red - 6/6/2017 13:16

Fryatt
Hobbs
McCormack
Tshibola

England Under-21 squad

Osborn was always over looked for Eng U21, and only made brief appearances for younger England sides, and never started. Many reckon he is brilliant here but there are other people who think he is vastly overrated cos he works hard and he obviously never impressed the selectors in the England set up.

If Grealish with his potential ability had the work ethic of Osborn he could be a great player, Yet as he is, he needs a proper kick up the ass and Bruce could be fed up of doing that if he does want rid.

Perhaps getting away from Villa will give him that impetus to push on again and break would be good for both parties. Still don't think he would come cheap, but if did find form, and consistency and he stopped being misled his value should go back up.

Fryatt
Hobbs
McCormack
Tshibola

onionz- fed up of getting dicked by broken nose.

radfordinlondon - 6/6/2017 13:52

Fryatt
Hobbs
McCormack
Tshibola

onionz- fed up of getting dicked by broken nose.

I'm with you two.

MW really doesn't rate Clough if this is true, very similar players - luckily we already have the one who seems proud/happy to be here and will improve, partly as result of his attitude.

I'd rather see Clough feature more and leave Grealish alone.
Talented but too much of a tw@t .
Annoys me the way he has his socks as well.
There again I found the way Majewski had his socks annoying as well.

there was an article recently stating how Bruce and Grealish were excited about next season for him so I think this is a non story

however they do need to sell if they want to buy.

With £40m in parachute payments coming to them for the next few seasons i would say they probably don't NEED to sell they could just loan out. They will be splashing but will have to compete with hull, boro and sunderland!

Potentially a very good player, but he's not really progressed as a player since bursting on to the scene.

I don't think he'd be a good fit in our current circumstances, and if anything he reminds me a little bit of Lansbury, in that he's more arsed about his hair and ego than actually rolling up his sleeves and getting stuck in week in week out on a consistent basis.

I'd imagine his wages would be a stumbling block too.

orbitalforest - 7/6/2017 11:12

I'd rather see Clough feature more and leave Grealish alone.
Talented but too much of a tw@t .
Annoys me the way he has his socks as well.
There again I found the way Majewski had his socks annoying as well.

Agree about Clough Orbs, but don't like your socks angle.

I'll just say this - JPR