Jack Charlton | Page 2 | Vital Football

Jack Charlton

Very sad waking up to this news.

Did anyone else watch the re-runs of Euro 96 over the past couple of months? He was a regular pundit for ITV and he was good to listen to. Even if he did say England v Holland would be a cagey, defensive match!

Like SE1, my earliest memory of him was as a ten year old in the 1994 WC, in particular his meltdown over not being able to bring on a sub.

Not many of the 66 lot left now :(

Stayed overnight in London for work and when I arrived at my hotel big Jack was at reception and was loving the adulation from everyone.

I booked in and went to my room but was having problems opening my door with the keycard. Heard a voice ‘need a hand lad’, it was big Jack and he showed me how to use the f keycard lol.

Jogills - maybe wrong and over judgmental, but I think Moore was past it by the time he played for Fulham. I remember him rugby style tacking a player when playing for them when the player got away :yes:
Moore could be a dirty player in his own right. I can remember seeing him play for Fulham v Birmingham in a cup semi-final at Hillsborough. The Brummie centre forward was good in the air, so Bobby climbed to head the ball via the centre forward's achilles tendon. Surprisingly that slowed him down. It wasn't just Jack that could dish it out - remember Styles?