I've not been drinking BUT... | Vital Football

I've not been drinking BUT...

Apart from the If top 4 should be possible...champions? Well anything can happen, but Chelsea, City and probably Utd will be shopping at the Harrods level and we will be in Poundland.

Don't be so sure; when we've finished clearing the decks, the funds available may well be north of #100 mill.....perhaps we won't be in the grade A class, but we might be just beneath it and prices are still falling...

Don't be so sure; when we've finished clearing the decks, the funds available may well be north of #100 mill.....perhaps we won't be in the grade A class, but we might be just beneath it and prices are still falling...
I'm inclined to agree. The sales of Ndombele, Alli and Aurier could gross more than 100 million, which hopefully Jose will be given to bring in players of his choice. Hojbjerg looks like being a definite, but with KWP in part exchange, there should still be plenty left in the pot.

Alli isn't on the sale list.
Maybe not on the 'definites' list, but don't you think that the Club would be interested if a good offer came in. I've said before that there seems to be little point in keeping players with a potentially decent resale value, who are not featuring in the side regularly. Obviously the injury scenario is a factor which may be a discouragement to potential buyers, but given the choice between maybe getting Dele back to his best, or accepting a decent offer made for him, I'd definitely opt for the latter.

I have a feeling that a year out of the Champions League will benefit our league form considerably. Even with Europa, Jose wont be playing Lo Celso, Son, Moura, Kane etc until pretty much after Christmas. With a week to prepare for most games, we will win a good percentage. I know a few others have great squads but i really dont feel that we are as far away as some would suggest.

Who in our best 11 gets into the City or scouses team?

Maybe a inform Kane or Son. That's it.

If we sign a RB, DM, AM, ST of the level required then I can see a push for 3rd spot.

I have a feeling that a year out of the Champions League will benefit our league form considerably. Even with Europa, Jose wont be playing Lo Celso, Son, Moura, Kane etc until pretty much after Christmas. With a week to prepare for most games, we will win a good percentage. I know a few others have great squads but i really dont feel that we are as far away as some would suggest.

Well done you for bringing some optimism into this forum.

I always say that you need to look at the squads going into the season to really assess their capabilities. We now have stability with Jose that we haven't had for a couple of seasons. He is becoming our x-factor and he can take more of our players through the learning curve that someone like Moura has gone through. Also, if any team we play against has a weakness, Jose will exploit it. He is the master tactician.

I remember when Poch took over. We were all worried that our only real superstar, Lloris, might leave. 2 years later we had 11 superstars. I can see us going through the same process again.

Certainly not so far away from getting back to top four, provided we hold on to Kane and Son. We cannot possibly however challenge for the PL title in the foreseeable future.

Maybe not on the 'definites' list, but don't you think that the Club would be interested if a good offer came in. I've said before that there seems to be little point in keeping players with a potentially decent resale value, who are not featuring in the side regularly. Obviously the injury scenario is a factor which may be a discouragement to potential buyers, but given the choice between maybe getting Dele back to his best, or accepting a decent offer made for him, I'd definitely opt for the latter.

We have a view of his value and of course that view is formed around his best form; I would be utterly amazed if under present conditions any club would a) pay us what we would demand and b) take a risk on his fitness and form at this time..

That said, there always seems one club that want to prove they are bonkers..!

If we win today we would have accumulated 20 points in these last 9 games since lockdown. We could finish on only 61 points but also have recent form that is more like 84 points.

Gets you thinking what it would take to get 85-90 points over an entire campaign. It's definitely possible.

The squad can compete... when fit & healthy. What we lack is depth.

Many have written us off claiming a 4 or 5 year rebuild is on the cards. Without the injuries this year i believe we could have achieved a top 4 placing. On recent form it would be difficult to argue otherwise. 3 or 4 astute signings would kick us off on the right track, we don't require a complete overhaul.

If Jose is able to get the 3 or 4 players he needs this summer i fancy us for a run at the title next season.

Now let the slagging commence but remember you heard it hear first.

I think we just might win something next season. However, I really think we will win something the following season.

I'm normally quite optimistic but I don't share the optimism of many on here. How well next season goes hugely depends on how in-tune Mourinho/Levy and the scouts are. I think back to when Jose was talking about Bergwijn after the Man Utd game and he said along the lines of 'He wasnt my first choice but the club made the move'.

We saw at Man Utd how Woodward made the whole transfer process a nightmare for Mourinho and it's not totally unreasonable to think Levy could do the same.

I'm normally quite optimistic but I don't share the optimism of many on here. How well next season goes hugely depends on how in-tune Mourinho/Levy and the scouts are. I think back to when Jose was talking about Bergwijn after the Man Utd game and he said along the lines of 'He wasnt my first choice but the club made the move'.

We saw at Man Utd how Woodward made the whole transfer process a nightmare for Mourinho and it's not totally unreasonable to think Levy could do the same.

Yep. Jose wasn't best pleased about Levy failing to deliver him a striker. I even think he said " don't fail me again", after it. lol