It's been a while | Page 2 | Vital Football

It's been a while

And he shall call himself Pledge and not mention things unreturned, causing complaint by some, while others welcome him and fall to reminiscing of a time when people shouted names of those not even playing…

Straight Book of Revelations some would say. I’d call it a complex chain reaction of mental health issues.

I remember him. He also shouted "Come on the navy town" occasionally so the "fleet" makes more sense in the navy context.
Flat cap, muffler, and overcoat. Probably a pack of Woodbines and his call up papers in his pockets.
Yep, that's the one.
:-)

I remember him. He also shouted "Come on the navy town" occasionally so the "fleet" makes more sense in the navy context.
Flat cap, muffler, and overcoat. Probably a pack of Woodbines and his call up papers in his pockets.
Me and my brother stood at the Town End side of the GRS for a while and there was an old guy there who used to shout ‘Come on the Gills, come on the naval port’

Oi Pledge, you still got my book about fanzines that I lent you in good faith but you never returned?
As well you know I binned that book years ago. I didn't know I was coming on here to open old wounds.

Let it go man!

Up the Chats.

Someone must have reported my post because it has been removed. I completely understand why it was removed and have no complaint about that. Indeed, I very much appreciate the reason given to me for why it was removed - thank you to the moderator.

I will reiterate though, Pledge, that I won't let this go and the sentiments I expressed in the removed post still stand.

Up the Gills!

Someone must have reported my post because it has been removed. I completely understand why it was removed and have no complaint about that. Indeed, I very much appreciate the reason given to me for why it was removed - thank you to the moderator.

I will reiterate though, Pledge, that I won't let this go and the sentiments I expressed in the removed post still stand.

Up the Gills!
I didn't see any follow up post old chap. We discussed this years ago. I binned the book, which was tatty and old. A bit like me. Sadly binning humans is illegal.

Well said Pledge.
Very disappointed in you Buddha, as an Anarchist

"Property is theft!!"
😁

We covered this recently, '58, when, in the 'Bead Galinson's wealth' thread, MM referred to what he called, "[my] mantra". My response, in post #13, was this:

It's not my mantra!

Proudhon said it. And it isn't easily understood when quoted in isolation and the context removed. If you read the passage it comes from it makes more sense. But not enough people have read the passage.

On that occasion I didn't provide the full Proudhon quote. But this time I will:

"If I were asked to answer the following question: What is slavery? and I should answer in one word, It is murder!, my meaning would be understood at once. No extended argument would be required to show that the power to remove a man's mind, will, and personality, is the power of life and death, and that it makes a man a slave. It is murder. Why, then, to this other question: What is property? may I not likewise answer, It is robbery!, without the certainty of being misunderstood; the second proposition being no other than a transformation of the first?"

Had Pledge returned the out of print book (which was admittedly a bit tatty, but only because it had been well read by lots of people) to me it would now be with my other books in the library bus where it could be enjoyed by others.

I know you're only joking, '58, but Pledge has binned the book! I'd have been far less pissed off if he had passed it on to someone else. Binning it is pretty close to burning it. Shirley my anarchistic approach is preferable to his fascistic approach?! 😜