It's all to play for v Doncaster | Page 2 | Vital Football

It's all to play for v Doncaster

Donny ticket allocation sold out.
Donny top form team in L2.
A Donny win tonight will see them nick a play off spot, coming from nowhere a few short months back.
I hope they do win tonight.
I also hope we totally spoil their party on Saturday and give our fans a decent send off.

Can they do it tonight ? If they win tonight and Barrow win then isn't it between Donny and Crawley on Saturday - with GD coming into play ?

If Donny win tonight then its their hands on Saturday - even a point would see them above Crawley.

I'm a little bit invested in Donny at the moment (12/1) :-)

The way it’s going, Barrow are capitulating - Crawley, Bradford, even Walsall (with a big GD swing) could catch them.

Seems a bit crazy to me that there’s still 4 teams with games in hand this late in the season. You’d think they would want to keep the last week free so all teams have a level playing field knowing where they stand.
Also would have been tricky for the likes of ourselves working out the permutations from tonight’s results if we still had a shout in the playoff race.

Matches finished now. Looks like Donnie & Crewe are favourites for the playoffs and it’s probably between Barrow, Crawley and Bradford for the other place. We are around 3 points and a lot of goals too far behind.

Last edited:
It's a relief to know that, even if we'd won on Saturday, we'd still only have been 4th favourite to finish 7th.

Doncaster could make it whether they win, draw or lose but need a win to be certain.

It would have been one helluva game.

It's a relief to know that, even if we'd won on Saturday, we'd still only have been 4th favourite to finish 7th.

Doncaster could make it whether they win, draw or lose but need a win to be certain.

It would have been one helluva game.
It doesn’t matter.
Because next season, WAGUAFC !!!

If Donny draw/win v us on Saturday, imagine going into the play offs with that recent record! They would feel invincible.

Considering back in Dec/Jan a lot of their fans wanted Grant McCann(?) sacked. Probably quite a fair opinion at that time when they were bottom 6.

With Barrow second bottom of the form league and playing Mansfield last game I was hoping Donny might rest a few, ready for the play offs. They certainly have momentum so no one would want to play them.

Doncaster signed Adelukan on loan in January. 18 games and 9 goals, League 2 player of the month for February. Apparently he was not good enough to wear our shirt!

Doncaster signed Adelukan on loan in January. 18 games and 9 goals, League 2 player of the month for February. Apparently he was not good enough to wear our shirt!

He’s done far better in this assignment than he did with us. Coincidence that he’s out of contract in the summer? Probably not.