Italy | Vital Football

Italy

bfcpete

Vital Football Hero
Euro qualifier at Wembley tonight. If we win we qualify for next year's finals. Might watch this one

What a great game of football. The Italians as per their usual game plan constantly kicked and pulled at our players and feigned facial injuries each time an England player as much as stepped on their shoelace. Always bordering on cheating, always incredulous when they are censured for minor or major infractions. It has worked for them so often. Always on the cusp of being blatant cheats, but having mastered the craft of how far they can push things to the limits, thus giving themselves a clear advantage in every competitive game no matter what the sport.

I was 12 years old last time we beat the Italians on home soil (in a competitive game). Trevor Brooking was in his prime! I wonder if the 2 suspended players Nicolo Fagiolo and Sandro Tonali managed to predict the 3-1 scoreline on their betting slips?

The young lad from Palarse (Guehi?) looked good when he came on as did Foden, and Bellingham is in another stratosphere! 🤯 Not convinced by the IRA lover, Rice, he seems to run around a lot and not really win many tackles. 'Backpass' Henderson is just depressing to watch although credit where it's due he looked OK last night. I'd love to see us go 1 better this time around and beat Germany in the final in their own back yard whilst singing "It's coming home!" 😜