Italy & Now Austria Ban Illegal Immigrants | Page 3 | Vital Football

Italy & Now Austria Ban Illegal Immigrants

Not just Rome, I spend a lot of time in Italy , I’m usually in the north , and there they hate native Italians in the South let alone immigrants. They consider them lazy scroungers (unemployment in the south is much higher than the north, most of the industry is in the north.
There is particular aggression aimed at Romanian, Bulgarian and Albanian who they can’t stop coming in and I’ve had to tell them if they speak like they do over there when they come to the UK they will be arrested.

Yep, Italy has a big problem and the people are revolting. According to the news, they’ve had half a million migrants this year, which is pretty incredible.

Steady on!

I don’t think that’s too extreme at all. Don’t get me wrong, I am highly sympathetic refugees and people who risk their lives trying to get a better one but when you are approaching 1m immigrants influx per year as Italy are you are going to create problems with the natives.

Like I say, walking through any major city in Italy at night and there are hundreds of Africans lined in train stations and in bank foyers sleeping rough. It’s not nice for them, and not nice for the locals who do not want to see it. Even when you get into the rural areas, there are immigrants sleeping rough

The traffickers take a nice pay day worth around $4-5k (*according to a comment I read on Facebook) from each person setting foot on that boat - that’s something that many of us would take a few months to muster up so the you wonder if it’s not those who really need asylum making the trip.

It can be hard to get across the right tone on a forum like this, the displacement of people in Syria, Myanmar, Sudan, Palestine, you name it , is tragic and a world where we all lived in peace is the dream. I blame religion :LOL:

I think BBJ was referring to the "people are revolting" part Dan. As in "the people are horrible" as opposed to fed up and fighting back, which is presumably what you meant!

Most of the Italians I have come across are quite pleasant, to be fair.

Once again, my so-called sense of humour has caught me out.
When I did my O Levels (not yesterday) my English teacher told me - "You'll do OK, Connolly, if you can resist the temptation to be flippant."
Sorry, Dan! It's actually a very serious problem and I really ought not to make light of it.

Once again, my so-called sense of humour has caught me out.
When I did my O Levels (not yesterday) my English teacher told me - "You'll do OK, Connolly, if you can resist the temptation to be flippant."
Sorry, Dan! It's actually a very serious problem and I really ought not to make light of it.

Sorry, I read your post early doors!

Reactions: BBJ