It would have been Dagenham then... | Vital Football

It would have been Dagenham then...

The Imposter

Vital 1st Team Regular
We would have had a lovely trip to Dagenham for the second round of the FA Cup – they won 4-2 at Morecambe tonight despite being 2-0 down after six minutes. We would probably have won there the way we are playing now.

Damn well ruined my accumulator as well.

No. The world change after the final whistle at Whitehawk. Events would have turned out differently.

I like this thread. If we continue it through it is going to be interesting to see who we beat on our way to the final and who we would conquer at Wembley. The BBC used to do this by following one team at the beginning of the competition and then following them until they were beaten whereupon they followed their conquers and so on.

We'd always be the same ball? What I mean is, our game against whitehawk is a number that is that of the tie. If we'd have won, we'd have the same number whitehawk had. We'd have been drawn against Daggenham. The winner of that will always be the same number as the loser would have been if they had won.

I tend to agree with Ex-Ref. Had we have won or drawn the game i think there would have been enough of a butterfly effect for the draw to have been different. We will never know!

Still another away draw, in my opinion and we get far more than our fair share of those!

Joe imp - 18/11/2015 15:58

We'd always be the same ball? What I mean is, our game against whitehawk is a number that is that of the tie. If we'd have won, we'd have the same number whitehawk had. We'd have been drawn against Daggenham. The winner of that will always be the same number as the loser would have been if they had won.

Correct.

The 44 teams that enter at the 3rd round stage are numbered in alphabetical order from 1-44 and then 45-64 are the winners of the 2nd round ties in the order that they were drawn.

63 will be the ball number for the 3rd round.

Thaddeus Griffin - 18/11/2015 18:39

Correct.

The 44 teams that enter at the 3rd round stage are numbered in alphabetical order from 1-44 and then 45-64 are the winners of the 2nd round ties in the order that they were drawn.

The ball number would have been the same, but the draw could well have been different.

If ifs and buts were chips and putts we'd all be Gary Player!
I'm with SO'D looking forward to see who we could have beaten in the final, up to then is inconsequential.

SIMJON - 18/11/2015 18:52

Correct.

The ball number would have been the same, but the draw could well have been different.
How and why? The ball is the important thing here and not what team or teams it represented. The ball, an inanimate object had no control over itself.

Steve O'Dare - 18/11/2015 19:00

Correct.

How and why? The ball is the important thing here and not what team or teams it represented. The ball, an inanimate object had no control over itself.

The ball is important, but also so is the position of the guy doing the draw. I didn't watch the draw but i presume Whitehawke were mentioned in the spiel. If that hadn't of happened, maybe the draw would have taken place 5 seconds or so later or earlier. What would of happened in those 5 seconds? Maybe the balls got disturbed? Maybe the guy doing.the draw scratched his ear? Both those things and more would have led to a different draw. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it!

SIMJON - 18/11/2015 19:07

Steve O'Dare - 18/11/2015 19:00

Correct.

The ball is important, but also so is the position of the guy doing the draw. I didn't watch the draw but i presume Whitehawke were mentioned in the spiel. If that hadn't of happened, maybe the draw would have taken place 5 seconds or so later or earlier. What would of happened in those 5 seconds? Maybe the balls got disturbed? Maybe the guy doing.the draw scratched his ear? Both those things and more would have led to a different draw. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it!
There was but one opportunity for the ball to be pulled out and pulled out it was. Whatever the guy might have done is immaterial as he didn't do it. It would all have been the same and not a butterfly or a seagull in sight! :eek: