It Was Only A Winters Tale | Vital Football

It Was Only A Winters Tale

SeasideEssexXile

Vital Football Legend
Dear Seasiders,

I'd like to firstly take this opportunity to wish you and your loved ones a Happy New Year and hope you all had a joyful Christmas.

As we look ahead to what we all hope will be a positive 2024 for the football club, I wanted to thank you all for your wonderful support. As we all know, it is such a challenging time for so many people at the moment, so to still have such wonderful backing on a weekly basis is simply incredible.

Your support off the field has also been inspiring, particularly regarding the recent Festive Fundraiser campaign. I'm pleased to say over £12,000 has been kindly donated from supporters and local businesses, with this total then once again matched pound for pound by Simon Sadler's Segantii Capital Management. In total, a fantastic amount of over £24,000 was raised which was then used to purchase some wonderful gifts for children across Blackpool. Ash Hackett and his team at the Community Trust then worked with members of the first-team squad to deliver these gifts across our communities in the lead up to Christmas.

This kind of support that is demonstrated is exactly what makes Blackpool such a unique football club, and it is a real pleasure for me to lead the organisation going into the New Year. Having been in post for nearly five months now, I have seen just how much this football club means to you, the supporters. There is a strong bond between the Club and the fans, and it's vital that we continue to harness that passion and energy and use it to our advantage week-in, week-out as we come through what has been two disappointing away Christmas fixtures.

Simon, myself, David Downes, Neil Critchley, the players and all of the staff behind the scenes are working tirelessly to bring success to this football club. In particular, David, the recruitment team and Neil are continuing at pace with their plans to ensure we are as competitive as possible during the upcoming January Transfer Window. As we all know, the winter window always brings its challenges, but if the right individuals become available and fit the profile of what we’re looking for in a Blackpool player, we’re hopeful we will be able to bring in one or two who will strengthen Neil’s squad for the second half of the season.

Ultimately, we all want to be back in the Championship as soon as we can, and under Neil’s leadership that remains the aim as we head into 2024. Your support is greatly appreciated, as we collectively work together for the good of the town and the football club.

Happy New Year and see you all at Bloomfield Road on New Years Day!

Warmest wishes,
Julian Winter.

Wonder what tomorrow and January will bring? Time will tell if there are any big changes in playing personnel although we suspect Kenny and Marv may be on their way.

Keeping Rhodes is the key to having a chance or the season petering out.

Next 2 league games are at home with 2 cup games sandwiched in between.

If our home form suddenly disappears then the natives will become restless and the clamour for change will no doubt be heard.

Doesn’t sound like the powers that be are unduly concerned even though fans have generally not been impressed recently!

One or 2 in...
Bear in mind Kennys gone so we aren't strengthening we will be replacing.
Add to that the current injury list and its a worry.