Isn't It Just Great...... | Vital Football

Isn't It Just Great......

runcornfan1978

Vital Squad Member
To be back talking about football. Especially after weeks, months even over the future of the club.

It's so pleasing to read so many positive comments following the game yesterday. As I posted on another thread, Callum Lang is optimistic for the season ahead from what I read this morning, & so too it seems are the rest of the team who are all buying into Maloney's philosophy.

After weeks & months of uncertainty, I'm really looking forward to this season. And the direction in which Maloney wants to take the club in.

Isn't it also just great on opening the curtains to bright sunshine after spending most of yesterday afternoon standing ( drinking ) in the pouring rain at Old Trafford waiting for the bastard to stop.

The moral victory is ours ( if not the Ashes ) a point i told any passing Aussie much to their amusement. To be fair they seem a great bunch.

Isn't it also just great on opening the curtains to bright sunshine after spending most of yesterday afternoon standing ( drinking ) in the pouring rain at Old Trafford waiting for the bastard to stop.

The moral victory is ours ( if not the Ashes ) a point i told any passing Aussie much to their amusement. To be fair they seem a great bunch.

Could have been worse you could have been stood drinking in the pouring rain at Headingley, cracking drop goal mind!

The Aussies like the Yanks don't go in for moral victories, in their DNA there is no place for runners up, winning is all important, that's why Hindley he smiled at you and was amused.

The Aussies like the Yanks don't go in for moral victories, in their DNA there is no place for runners up, winning is all important, that's why Hindley he smiled at you and was amused.
They give it out but can also take it as well mate...I like that. Its only having the craic.

Reactions: GSM
It is great to be talking about football but some idiots are still obsessed with sniping at the Rugby team - we are all one club now so just get over it !

It is great to be talking about football but some idiots are still obsessed with sniping at the Rugby team - we are all one club now so just get over it !
Yep and some rugby idiots still obsessed with sniping at the football
Things will never change for some it's too deep

How have you come to that garbage? We have two things in common with the lardies, both clubs will soon have the same owner and we share the same stadium.

And that's it bugger all else!

The rot has set in. Got a letter today and through the window could see Wigan Warriors with my name and address on ?? Opened it and my WIGAN ATHLETIC parking ticket for the new 24/24 season. Grrr

Just seen an advert for a groundsman at the D.W. It doesn't say apply to Wigan Sports Company, Ted Danson or Wigan Warriors, it says " Apply to Wigan Athletic"
It probably says apply to Latics because we're currently the stadium owners.
I would think it'll change ownership to a separate Danson company as things progress and he takes control of the lodgers.

What's that Gaz?
New tax rules in India mean any money leaving the country faces a 20% tax, up from around 5%. Means Venkys have told Rovers their budget is being cut by around 20%.

Not existential but they can no longer pursue the targets they were after without selling first.

New tax rules in India mean any money leaving the country faces a 20% tax, up from around 5%. Means Venkys have told Rovers their budget is being cut by around 20%.

Not existential but they can no longer pursue the targets they were after without selling first.
Cheers. Lord help Rovers if the Venkys ever want their money back.
Same with the Hemmings family.
I wonder if Preston and Blackburn will ever have to face reality like Bolton, Blackpool and ourselves.