Is Winks the best English Midfielder in the game? | Vital Football

Is Winks the best English Midfielder in the game?

VitalFootballAdmin

Vital Squad Member
Staff member
For those that have read my thoughts on Winks, you will know that for a long time now I have predicted that he would become a Spurs great.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7523774">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

This is an interesting question because he is so unique. If you look at the England squad who is there that is comparable to his strengths ? Dier, Alli and Henderson can all play in MF but Dier is a DM and Alli an AM. I guess Henderson is closest but very different. At the moment from the squad, I would say yes....he is the best.

Harry is coming into his own but his real tests are ahead. He is very lucky to be surrounded by great coaching & support that will will see his progression into the starting 11 in Russia. So the defining moments upcoming are the intensity of the NLD & on the 21st of this month we see a Dortmund side with injured players back. Marco Reus ripped Tottenham apart 2016 Europa & is training to be back. I think we all have high hopes for him. I see him as Tottenham Captain in 2 years .

He is already better than Henderson. He is so average.

Dier is the best DM England have, I think Alli is the best CM but is played just behind Kane in a more attacking role. So that leaves Winks as the next best option as a CM. If I were Southgate I would play all three.

He will be in a season or so.....just needs to sharpen his eye for goal sometimes and he will be our nearest thing to 'Steve Perryman'.......but will always be Harry Winks..

No way! Have you not seen that quality prospect, Jack Wilshire? He's the best English midfielder in the world, when fully fit. Literally no other English player can do what he does. When Jack is fit and on form, he's leagues above any other English midfielder.

/sarcasm

Doesn't say much for English midfielders.

C'mon guys...he's not all that. Not yet anyway.

ahx00 - 4/11/2017 13:07

No way! Have you not seen that quality prospect, Jack Wilshire? He's the best English midfielder in the world, when fully fit. Literally no other English player can do what he does. When Jack is fit and on form, he's leagues above any other English midfielder.

/sarcasm

He was a top talent. Not many young CM's will dominate a Barcelona team.

Injuries and mentality have finished him off.

Gary Neville again heaping praise on Winks and Poch for playing him. I am a little concerned about his ankles of late and hope it's nothing. Also CCV seems to be doing very well on loan with rumours of a USA call up. He needed this loan to get regular football and it looks like it's paying off along with Josh at Villa. Would like to see more of KWP after his promising debut. The way Aurier is playing Im not sure he deserves getting priority.

England's problem is that they haven't got competition for places in midfield. If they had Dier, Wilshere, Henderson, Winks, Barkley, Lallana, Alli, Sterling etc all playing well for their clubs then it would be interesting to see whether Southgate could make something of it. Even then it would be hard to build an argument that we could become a great international side with those 8 players.