Is this our fate | Vital Football

Is this our fate

DRAGNET

Vital 1st Team Regular
Our situation is dire, the more I read it is like a man waiting in his cell to go to the gallows, surrounded by people full of sympathy, for this man (through no fault of his own was caught up in circumstance beyond his control), and the vicar who wants to save his soul for with no material assets that is all he can do.. The only hope we have is a reprieve from the Home secretary ( a money man) but in these times of Corvid 19, no chance, and someone must take the rap.
Yes the injustice of it all will be talked about by future generations.
The younger generation of supporters will say to their children, it was during the pandemic that your Gran and Granddad died, and the lattics went into administration.
I am off now to take a few more pills for my anxiety.

I have now taken the view that a further 15 point deduction and not paying the 25p in the £ is a better option for the club

A drowning man will cling to anything to survive - if this is the only option to continue - then so be it.

We can't avoid the possibility that we could be liquidated if everything goes wrong, but between where we are now and liquidation are a lot of steps and things that would have to fall through.

Remember at the moment the Administrators are trying to sell all 5 companies and all properties together - if it came to it the clubs assets would be broke up and sold off and the club sold for a nominal fee before they gave up and just liquidated us. Of course you want to keep the training ground and stadium as you do need somehwere to train and play, but if it came to losing them to keep the club afloat and working out renting agreements with the new owners of those properties or even finding somewhere new then that would likely happen.

Also don't forget Lenegan has an offer on the table.

Players sales will likely clear the football creditors in the upcoming days and the wage bill by the time we are done will have been cut by something 70-80% from where it started.

It's a painful process and any deal will probably go to the wire but we aren't in Bury territory yet.

Wasn't it also mentioned that the Supporters Club are part of plan b which is a supporters ran club. Not sure how that would work but seems like that would be a route we could take. Pompey did the same years back if my memory is correct

I just wish people would make up their minds because it’s ruining this jolly summer

Our situation is dire, the more I read it is like a man waiting in his cell to go to the gallows, surrounded by people full of sympathy, for this man (through no fault of his own was caught up in circumstance beyond his control), and the vicar who wants to save his soul for with no material assets that is all he can do.. The only hope we have is a reprieve from the Home secretary ( a money man) but in these times of Corvid 19, no chance, and someone must take the rap.
Yes the injustice of it all will be talked about by future generations.
The younger generation of supporters will say to their children, it was during the pandemic that your Gran and Granddad died, and the lattics went into administration.
I am off now to take a few more pills for my anxiety.

Just to confirm your thoughts; here's just the thing, for clarity.

To think Bury were unable to commit to their league 1 fixtures a year ago while we were spending good money and building a decent squad. The thought of us being in that position 12 months later was unthinkable. In fact when KAL smashed in the 3rd vs Stoke and we looked all but safe it was unthinkable in late June that our fate may be the same.

Pompey , I would guess , have the whole town behind them. Unfortunately we have as many in our town that would do us down as would rally round.
Always remember last time I went to Fratton Park, how many families were there. Loads of mums, dads and kids walking together, all in Pompey shirts. That's how you build and grow a football club. We of course will always struggle with that as whilst a generation of parents in Portsmouth support Pompey due to their catchment area, a generation of parents in Wigan support Man Utd, Liverpool and Everton.

[QUOTE="king_dezeeuw06, post: 2410578, member: 10671"
[/QUOTE]

Where has it been said Lenegan has an offer on the table?
The last I heard he and his consortium couldn't get the 10mill needed to see Latics books.
I'm sure nothing has changed re the 10mill to see the books but if it has then ILs supposed bid must be rock bottom.

[QUOTE="king_dezeeuw06, post: 2410578, member: 10671"

Where has it been said Lenegan has an offer on the table?
The last I heard he and his consortium couldn't get the 10mill needed to see Latics books.
I'm sure nothing has changed re the 10mill to see the books but if it has then ILs supposed bid must be rock bottom.[/QUOTE]

Its been reported in local and national press that Lenagan (as part of a consortium) has a bid in.....I expect your view as to the low value of that bid is likely correct though !