Is There A Way Back For Lamela? | Vital Football

Is There A Way Back For Lamela?

VitalFootballAdmin

Vital Squad Member
Staff member
Son Heung-Min has been superb throughout the majority of this season. Goals plus assists, boundless energy, always a smile, crazy handshakes...he clearly loves Spurs.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7523003">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Ideally, we need to get into a situation where Son and Eriksen are in the squad to come off the bench into the team (difficult I know). It's going to take 1 maybe 2 quality additions to help take us to the next level. Lamela before his injury and not now isn't close to being one of them.

If Lamela ever comes back he will have to fight for his place. Eriksen and Son will have dips in form or get injured or tired. He will get his chance if able .

WHEN Lamela gets back from injury, we need to give the guy all the help we can to find his form and for Pochettino to tutor him to the best the guy can be, After all, he was injured while employed by us, we HAVE to make sure he gets fair play. I'm curious too, with the squad as it is now, a different team in many ways from what it was when he was playing, so I want to know what he could do with the current setup.

Did Lamela's game reflect his real abilities or was his game influenced by the state of the squad as it was then? I want to know what Pochettino can do with him now. And it would be wrong to sell him on without knowing fully what we have here. OK some had made their minds up about him already and want him gone but that's not good enough for me, the guy deserves a chance to come good. In any case, he won't sell for much if he's not developed to his max.

Assuming Lamela is fixed properly it's going to take some time to get him back to his best. Than a decision can be made as to whether or not he still fits within the squad or should be sold. Either way let's hope he gets there sooner rather than later. That's valuable payroll room that is currently being wasted.

Lamela fitted well that's why he was picked so often. He defended high up the pitch so was important with our press . He created with intricate and intelligent passing. Was a goal threat and has good delivery either from corners or crosses. He is an option to replace Son or Eriksen if rotated or injured.

He had already developed physically but may have to get that back. He had already eradicated his early showboat selfish attitude and was a team player. Too many remember him from his first season.

Can we sign better than him for a back up position?

I always thought we could but now I'm not so sure. Starting to think we should keep him. He knows the system, the team so it won't take as long for him to get back to fitness.

Welshtel - 20/5/2017 14:14

WHEN Lamela gets back from injury, we need to give the guy all the help we can to find his form and for Pochettino to tutor him to the best the guy can be, After all, he was injured while employed by us, we HAVE to make sure he gets fair play. I'm curious too, with the squad as it is now, a different team in many ways from what it was when he was playing, so I want to know what he could do with the current setup.

Did Lamela's game reflect his real abilities or was his game influenced by the state of the squad as it was then? I want to know what Pochettino can do with him now. And it would be wrong to sell him on without knowing fully what we have here. OK some had made their minds up about him already and want him gone but that's not good enough for me, the guy deserves a chance to come good. In any case, he won't sell for much if he's not developed to his max.

Our current setup has progressed beyond his limited capacity.

He has been here since 2013 rarely pulling up any trees, how much longer do you need to make a judgment on him? He had all the playing advantages a pro could wish for last season, in a dominant team, having high possession statistics and creating chances aplenty.

Our expensive misfit could only manage a pathetic 5 goals. Two of those came towards the final weeks of the season. He is inadequate, at best extremely average and not good enough for a team with pretensions of winning the PL.

I hope there isn't a way back for him; we've progressed beyond him and I'd greatly prefer to find a way to sell him and find a better player, for me he is the one squad replaceable player I think we could do better - i.e. Zaha !

Real Deal - 20/5/2017 17:59

Rich who would you like to see as his replacement?

I think most only see him as a squad player now.

I saw him as a player I wish we sold in 2014. I wanted Mahrez or Patrick Roberts, a Fulham youngster as upgrades. Citeh stepped in to get him from under our noses and then wasted his burgeoning talent on the sidelines. He is now on loan at Celtic, proper player, check the goals on the clip he scored for them this week at 5mins 07s & 7m.56s. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCenmkuEeQA

I think it shows people's football knowledge is superior in some quarters. Until I see him play and contribute little in our set up I am unable to call it. I have seen him come on as a sub and transform our tempo and creativity so can't quite get my head around why he can't do it again. Unless his injury is career finishing.

He will have to prove his worth again yes. But I can't predict either way.

He is brittle but tbf to the fella he is a tad special. I believe we can improve on him but it'll cost us a small fortune to do so.

steveperryman - 21/5/2017 00:42

He is brittle but tbf to the fella he is a tad special. I believe we can improve on him but it'll cost us a small fortune to do so.

He works hard, but he's too one footed, he does have skills but he can't go past players, his timing of tackles makes most suck in wind when you're there watching how mad he is close up.

He is of course a decent squad player, not as poor as some make out, but certainly not special in my eyes at all.

That's key EX, as a squad player playing as an AM, can we actually get better? Barkley is not better IMO. Siggy is more of a goal threat and would provide more assists so he is one of the few who I would take over Lamela. But are we even interested?

Rather just stick with him to be honest and then sign a Zaha, Redmond, Ghezzal type player to replace Sissoko.

Spursex - 21/5/2017 14:42

steveperryman - 21/5/2017 00:42

He works hard, but he's too one footed, he does have skills but he can't go past players, his timing of tackles makes most suck in wind when you're there watching how mad he is close up.

He is of course a decent squad player, not as poor as some make out, but certainly not special in my eyes at all.

He's had 4 years to get his doubters onside, he's not close to being good enough to do that.