Is the premier league bent | Page 2 | Vital Football

Is the premier league bent

Not sure if the Premier League is bent.
However, it is certainly biased.
Except for "certain" clubs, it really doesn't care how poorly things are done, why partisan decisions are allowed to stand, how clubs, teams and their fans are unnecessarily and unfairly disadvantaged.
Hmm? Maybe they are bent.
Bastards!

I was talking to a ManU friend today and was about to lay into her re the Fernandez pen and how unconscious bias works - but decided not to bother as ManU fans never accept a word against their team - unless Mourinho/Moyes/van Gaal is in charge :LOL:

I suppose the truth about Man U getting so many pens is that they do have more runners than any other team so are always going to create opportunities to go down, whereas we rarely do. However, have we had one dodgy pen awarded this season??

It's still beyond my comprehension that that decision was not overturned last night - refs are starting to make themselves look ridiculous with their inability to make a decent decision between 2 of them.

I was talking to a ManU friend today and was about to lay into her re the Fernandez pen and how unconscious bias works - but decided not to bother as ManU fans never accept a word against their team - unless Mourinho/Moyes/van Gaal is in charge :LOL:

I suppose the truth about Man U getting so many pens is that they do have more runners than any other team so are always going to create opportunities to go down, whereas we rarely do. However, have we had one dodgy pen awarded this season??

It's still beyond my comprehension that that decision was not overturned last night - refs are starting to make themselves look ridiculous with their inability to make a decent decision between 2 of them.
That's part of the problem- back to Mourinho's comments about who's in charge.Too easy to abdicate now.

BUT 18 is more than excessive-and that does not include any shootouts!

It was the old questions about 'Fergy time'. How did Man Utd keep getting so many late goals and penalties at Old Trafford? And then I saw some analysis about Man Utds possession and runs into the box in the last five minutes of games was always very high. They were winning goals and penalties by the pressure of play, not the refereeing bias.

With the VAR league table making it clear what's going on we can do away with the cliche that 'decisions even themselves out over a season'.

What's needed is an independent inquiry because it's a case of either incompetence, corruption or subconscious bias. One club can't have seven more decisions go in their favour than not and another club minus five.

I want to know why Pieters' hand ball wasn't a penalty, why the goal at Man City was allowed, why the decision not to allow McGoldrick's goal at Spurs after nearly four minutes of checking was chalked off. I want every pro in the Select Group of match officials to be accountable, and if they don't meet a threshold of correct decisions I want them suspended.

When Spurs were disallowed the Kane goal against us for their players accidental hand ball Morihno ranted about the decision. Did he do the same when Bournemouth’s goal was disallowed against Spurs tother night for the exact same thing Did he F*#£. Sportsmanships gone out of the game. Slightest touch theyre Diving, cheating screaming out like babies. Man U penalty disgusting. Their man goes down holding his shin as though he’s broke his leg. Cheating B!

When Spurs were disallowed the Kane goal against us for their players accidental hand ball Morihno ranted about the decision. Did he do the same when Bournemouth’s goal was disallowed against Spurs tother night for the exact same thing Did he F*#£. Sportsmanships gone out of the game. Slightest touch theyre Diving, cheating screaming out like babies. Man U penalty disgusting. Their man goes down holding his shin as though he’s broke his leg. Cheating B!

1. Liverpool. Klopp. Not too bad on the bleating front.
2. Pep. no probs.
3. Rodgers. See Pep.
4. Fat Frank. Bit of a to55er.
5. Ole. vvanker.
6. Nuno. Brilliant
7. God. Brilliant.
8. Arteta. Utter c* * * t
9. Maureen. vv a n ker.
10.Dyche. Brilliant.
11. Anchelotttttttti. Fine.
12. Boring Austrian . Irrelevant.
13. Fat Geordie. Meh.
14. Hodgson. Fine.
15. Ugly t w a t. Fine.
16. Moyes. vv a n ker
17. Pig. No probs.
18. Eddie Howe. Great.
19. Dean Smith. Fine.
2o. Weird kraut. Fine.

So. To sum up North London has a c * * t and a vv a n k er. Manchester has a vv a n ker. West London a to55er and East London a vv a n ker.
Pretty much as expected.

Thing is CJ, no matter what they say, what they do, what they implement to 'sort' it,until the mindset of cheating, of 'buying' a foul, of being lauded by the pundits for doing it, of no meaningful sanctions against the perpetrators then it will carry on and increase year on year.

Remember when Franny Lee was the diver of his era, he was virtually the only one. Now it seems every team has one ( thankfully not SUFC) and it's almost as important a role as a decent centre half. Look at Grealish, the pundits tell us he's the most fouled footballer in the PL as though it's something to be proud of when , only this week, a couple have come out and recognised that it's doing Villa no favours because, instead of looking to move the ball on quickly he's waiting to be fouled which breaks the play up.

Watched the Watford v Norwich game the other night. The commentator said on at least 3 occaisions that a player should foul his opponent as it was the expedient thing to do. The c u *t should be sacked.

Thing is CJ, no matter what they say, what they do, what they implement to 'sort' it,until the mindset of cheating, of 'buying' a foul, of being lauded by the pundits for doing it, of no meaningful sanctions against the perpetrators then it will carry on and increase year on year.

Remember when Franny Lee was the diver of his era, he was virtually the only one. Now it seems every team has one ( thankfully not SUFC) and it's almost as important a role as a decent centre half. Look at Grealish, the pundits tell us he's the most fouled footballer in the PL as though it's something to be proud of when , only this week, a couple have come out and recognised that it's doing Villa no favours because, instead of looking to move the ball on quickly he's waiting to be fouled which breaks the play up.
Yes I heard one pundit say “ Rooney worked well to earn that Penalty” when he shoved the ball away from goal then dove when he was touched. The same pundit said “ Holding players in the box is all part of the game”. No it isn’t, it’s a penalty!! It wasn’t part of the game I was taught. Some say Grealish is worth £40 plus million. All he ever does is try for free kicks around the box by cheating!!! As soon as he gets the ball he turns his back to the opposing player and does a double somersault soon as he feels a touch. last Time he played at the Lane he didn’t even wait for the touch before going over 🤭

The people who can stop all this, are the same ones causing all the furore over VAR, The Officials, they could eradicate all this guff by applying the Laws, when it really matters, nothing needs to change with regards to the Laws, the Refs need to grow some B*llocks and start Red carding the divers and wrestlers in the penalty box.

I guarantee if sides were reduced to ten and nine men the attitude would change within a week or two.

The people who can stop all this, are the same ones causing all the furore over VAR, The Officials, they could eradicate all this guff by applying the Laws, when it really matters, nothing needs to change with regards to the Laws, the Refs need to grow some B*llocks and start Red carding the divers and wrestlers in the penalty box.

I guarantee if sides were reduced to ten and nine men the attitude would change within a week or two.
:agree: Been saying it for ages they’d soon learn not to tug shirts or throw themselves on the floor and if they didn’t their managers would stop picking em it really could be that simple to stop the fouling and cheating
what about getting decisions blatantly wrong then red how do you stop officials favouring the historical big clubs ?

:agree: Been saying it for ages they’d soon learn not to tug shirts or throw themselves on the floor and if they didn’t their managers would stop picking em it really could be that simple to stop the fouling and cheating
what about getting decisions blatantly wrong then red how do you stop officials favouring the historical big clubs ?

Ref's could be sanctioned fairly simply. Pay a basic wage for the 'elite' and an appearance fee when they ref a game.

Then no game = no appearance fee.

Unlike a player who misses a goal, makes a bad pass etc refs deal in absolutes i.e the rules. Don't apply them,get a 2 game ban.

It would stop, and punish, eg shirt tugging overnight.

There was a study done a few years ago, which proved that once you removed 30 seconds for every substitution and 1 minute for every goal that there was a clear pattern and that is most extra injury time is given when a "top team" is losing by a single goal to a "bottom team" and the shortest (I think the average was actually less than the time for subs and goals) was where a Top team was winning by a single goal. Also near the bottom was if a team was winning by 5 or more goals or two bottom teams were drawing 0-0. The first thing they thought was that it was that the bottom team was time wasting when they were ahead but they looked at that and said it didn't take account of all the time given to the top teams. The conclusion was that refs subconsciously have a bias to how they think the result should be and act accordingly.

And its the feeling I get with VAR that when we score a goal VAR are searching for a reason to disallow it, whereas a top team its a brief look to make sure there is nothing obvious.

First step is remove the head of the beast, Riley, secondly, as has been mentioned, get some ex Pro's on board as 'Technical' advisors. The overwhelming majority of Fans want the right decisions, no need to apportion blame, it is a very quick game at the top level, it is inevitable that errors will be made, a lot of work needs to be done to get the trust of all fans back, resisting any change just makes the situation worse, hence the self defence attitude. At least that's how I see it, no doubt others will have a different view.

Trouble is we are also guilty of shirt tugging and the occasional niggly foul aka Baldock

First step is remove the head of the beast, Riley, secondly, as has been mentioned, get some ex Pro's on board as 'Technical' advisors.

I'm against that if they go with people like Jenas or Murphy, as they are part of the first generation of cheats. I'm all for it if they hire ex-players in the mould of Vinnie Jones or Kenny Burns though: "get up you soft ****"...