Is the aim to win 4 trophies? | Vital Football

Is the aim to win 4 trophies?

Bluedub

Alert Team
Check out Pep's initial response

https://mobile.twitter.com/Sammy_Goal/status/777626273485037568

He is a breath of fresh air isn't he?

Intelligent, dedicated, hard working - he reads the questions, understands where the media 'land mines' have been placed and steps around them with considered, astute answers. His ability to avoid giving the hacks the headlines that they want, the simple back pages splashes and click bait that they love and which makes their 'journalism' easy is great especially considering English is not his first language and that he focused on learning German before went to Bayern.

He loves good football. He lives, eats and breathes creating a situation where his players can play good football - entertaining, collective, enabling them to use their individual skills to create something more than the cult of the individual. He would utterly lose it if one of his players, having scored, ran to the touchline and pointed at the name on the back of his shirt as to say "look at me I scored THAT goal". To him that is an anathema - the TEAM scores.

So to my mind he tries to give an answer which is true to his philosophy - we try to win, we want to play good football, but we sill lose some games so we will win what we will win. There will be a hierarchy of preferences and it will be interesting to try and guess his team selection for the League Cup but he did a decent job of tempering expectations there I think.

I think he should open every answer to a stupid, loaded question with 'what the **ck'. I'd love to know who it was asked the question.

He did seem to have that "WTF"? look on his face to start with. His expression is priceless and it use take a huge effort of self-control to keep the thoughts in his head from emerging.

I think he must despair at times at the inane (& as you say, loaded) questions that he gets asked :013:

Maybe he ought to do a Mancini and tell them that he doesn't aim to win anything and just see what they can do with it.

Missed that - had the audio turned down! LOL. Well, I got the body language right at least!

What a guy :026:

The hack is just trying to set Pep up for failure. He should have stopped at WTF and glared at him. If I won all 4 in one season as the coach I would have to retire, nothing else to achieve.

Bluedub - 20/9/2016 18:16

citizhun - 19/9/2016 17:20

Thought the aim had always been to win every trophy we were in for :048:

Yeah but this isn't a trophy, it's just a tin-pot cup.

Having spent most of my adult life waiting on this club winning another 'tin-pot cup', I'm claiming everything we win as a 'trophy' :050: