Is it time for an under 23/21 team or a reserve team? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Is it time for an under 23/21 team or a reserve team?

Just to clarify:

The date of that reserve match was 27 March 1968.

Graham Taylor joined the Imps from Grimsby in July 1968.

Billy Taylor joined from Nottingham Forest in May 1969.

So the Taylor was neither of them.

The Nannestads' book shows a J. A. Taylor as scoring two goals for the reserves during the 1967/68 season so presumably it was him. I don't have any other reference to him. He never appeared in the first team.
J A Taylor does not appear in Nannestads list of Imps players over the years. Didn't realise that the facing pages in the same Book are not for the same season !

J A Taylor does not appear in Nannestads list of Imps players over the years. Didn't realise that the facing pages in the same Book are not for the same season !

The list of players, starting on page 385 doesn't include reserve team appearances.

Just to clarify:

The date of that reserve match was 27 March 1968.

Graham Taylor joined the Imps from Grimsby in July 1968.

Billy Taylor joined from Nottingham Forest in May 1969.

So the Taylor was neither of them.

The Nannestads' book shows a J. A. Taylor as scoring two goals for the reserves during the 1967/68 season so presumably it was him. I don't have any other reference to him. He never appeared in the first team.
Clearly the acronym du jour for "just A Triallist"

Clearly the acronym du jour for "just A Triallist"
I believe triallists for the reserves at that time were given the pseudonym "John Woods," the name of the announcer on the PA system.

The 1967-68 reserve player was Jack Taylor, described as a 22-year-old from the Sheffield Amateur League.

The following season we had three G Taylors, all of whom featured in the reserves on at least one occasion: Gerry, Graham and Grant.