Is it Anti-Semitic... | Vital Football

Is it Anti-Semitic...

Correct Jo, it would only be anti Semitic if you called him a Jewish **** as that implies he is only a **** because he is Jewish.

It's a complicated world isn't it?

Depends who is saying it and which paper reports on it:

For example:

Theresa May condemns the actions of Israel in Gaza. The Sun reports this as "Our glorious prime minister stands up for the oppressed Palestinians".

Jeremy Corbyn condemns the actions of Israel in Gaza. The Sun reports this as "More evidence of Labour anti-semitism".

Depends who is saying it and which paper reports on it:

For example:

Theresa May condemns the actions of Israel in Gaza. The Sun reports this as "Our glorious prime minister stands up for the oppressed Palestinians".

Jeremy Corbyn condemns the actions of Israel in Gaza. The Sun reports this as "More evidence of Labour anti-semitism".

Is any of that true? I just looked at the Sun's website and there is nothing about Teresa May commenting on Israel, but there is an article on Jeremy Corbyn saying that "Jeremy Corbyn tried to get Eurovision winner Israel banned from contest" (only when you click into story do you see that this dated back to 2010!).

Is any of that true? I just looked at the Sun's website and there is nothing about Teresa May commenting on Israel, but there is an article on Jeremy Corbyn saying that "Jeremy Corbyn tried to get Eurovision winner Israel banned from contest" (only when you click into story do you see that this dated back to 2010!).

No 3x6 it's not true, I'm not citing it as evidence of anything, I'm just throwing it out there as a hypothetical example of media bias.

Correct Jo, it would only be anti Semitic if you called him a Jewish **** as that implies he is only a **** because he is Jewish.

It's a complicated world isn't it?

On a purely hypothetical base, but if Benjamin Netanyahu put in a complaint that he felt the reason why Trev was calling him a **** was motivated by the fact he is Jewish then would you need to investigate the complaint as a hate crime?

Strange the way people need to say anything about Benjamin Netanyahu, the Hamas leader had incited the Palestinians to tear down the border and rip the heart out of the Jews, the fact that people started to mass on the border what should Benjamin have done?
Maybe anti-Semitism is at the bottom of the comments as no one has criticised Hamas.

I think Trev would get away with it on the basis that Netanyahu is a Zionist puppet. I think many orthodox jews would also call him such a name because they're against the Zionist state of Israel that any like-minded people would be - that of course excludes the unlike-minded VG.

VG, instead of taking the blinkered view of a bleeding heart ex-soldier, I suggest you watch Adam Curtis' 'Bitter lake' and see how we [the west] fucked up so royally in parts of the world that have given rise to those who have turned so vehemently against us. The documentary doesn't provide all the answers but it gives a good insight as to why and how things have gone so wrong. It's not by accident that many muslims feel so aggrieved.

So the Hamas leader incited people to try to get their own house back from the squaters lol. Agreed that those using guns or bombs would give the Israelis the excuse to shoot them.

What about the ones without guns or bombs far from the fences that were shot? If this happened anywhere else in the world with soldiers shooting demonstrators without any restraint then the ‘moral’ west would be calling for sanctions or arming the ‘arab rising against their oppressors’.

Of course if you speak up about it then you must be antisemetic or pro muslim lol. And if you are a Labour party member then the media will be all over it.

It must be great to be able to sit here in dear old, safe blighty and accuse tge state of Israel of all sorts of crimes, but imagine how you would feel knowing that almost every country surrounding you not only wants to attack you, but wants you wiped out...completely. I can't condone the latest actions, nor some of the Israeli past actions. However, it seems to me they are damned if they do and damned if they don't. They can't win. If they become less aggressive, the arab states around will see that as a weakness and increase the violence against Israel. The answer? I haven't got a clue, but thank fuck I am not the one having to keep Israel safe nor the Palestinians trying to negotiate a peace.

So the Hamas leader incited people to try to get their own house back from the squaters lol. Agreed that those using guns or bombs would give the Israelis the excuse to shoot them.

What about the ones without guns or bombs far from the fences that were shot? If this happened anywhere else in the world with soldiers shooting demonstrators without any restraint then the ‘moral’ west would be calling for sanctions or arming the ‘arab rising against their oppressors’.

Of course if you speak up about it then you must be antisemetic or pro muslim lol. And if you are a Labour party member then the media will be all over it.

Hamas is a proscribed Islamic terrorist organization , so feel free to speak up !
The Israelis are hardly squatters , that land was captured after being attacked by 3 arab countries. I´d call that conquest.

Proscribed by whom? One mans terrorist is someone elses freedom fighter etc.

I have always supported the Isrealis when being physically attacked.

Cannot turn a blind eye when they shoot protestors though.