Ippo Game Thread. | Vital Football

Ippo Game Thread.

fanforlife

Alert Team
Only 2 teams in our Division who have scored more goals than us......Ippo being one of them in 2nd place.
Only one team in our division who has shipped more goals than us...Rotherham...and they are bottom!

My prediction...A score Draw (always the optimist)

DW on the Ipswich game:

'We can now speak about this now. What should I say? It is Derby time. I have played in a few derbies in my time as a manager. This is my first one in England though and we are all looking forward to it. Unfortunately we don't get an extra day break as we had to play today, but it doesn't count. It is derby time.

They deserve big credit for their season so far. They deserve to be where they are. The truth is, as well, as everybody knows, in a derby everything that went before or comes after doesn't count. It doesn't count in which league you are, in which position you are, it doesn't count how recent results have gone for you. Maybe it gives you a bit of a better feeling, but everybody who has played derby games knows this doesn't count when it is derby time.'

I do hope that we will not be using the extra day break Ipswich got as an excuse.

Thought I'd just put the team news on here:

Everyone who played midweek is okay for tomorrow.

Hanley will play for the u21s on Sunday.

Ben Gibson will be back in training next week.

Hwang will be back working light by the end of the week.

Sorensen is close to training as well.

Sargent is doing the last bit of fitness work next week and is expected to be training after that.

DW on Ipswich game:

'I really can't wait. Lots of excitement for sure. When I arrived everybody made it clear quite early that it was the most important game for everybody connected with the football club. You have to keep your head calm with fire in your heart. We are all looking forward to it. It is a special game. I will not hide away or say it isn't. Why not tell the truth? The truth is this is the special one. Everybody should feel it and can say it, everybody should embrace it. I asked in the dressing room who had been involved in the derby and there weren't a lot of hands. That's why we're even more excited, for the first time. I have no problem if people look at the table and we go in as underdogs. It doesn't change our approach.'
On Ipswich:
'Of course it's surprised me how good they've been. At the start of the season nobody expected it, but from what they've done so far it's not a surprise. This is the other thing that excites us: you like to test yourselves against the best. It gives you 1% more excitement to do this. McKenna forget the age, even if he was 66 it would be remarkable what he's done. He deserves all the praise he's got so far.'
On the way we play:
'It's really quite simple. You have to be super solid and super ruthless in both boxes. If you only defend quite well the pressure will become too much for us, and if you only attack they will cause us problems as well.'
Message for the city fans ahead of the game:

'I don't have to give our away supporters a message, they will know exactly what to do.'

So how would you go?

I would definitely not start with Duffy or Hernandez and I would definitely start with Sainz and Fassnacht.

McCrap as a central defender ?
Yep that's where we are as a club. Two central defenders who could play there but DW plays him. I think it shows how poor he is as a central Midfielder in a two that DW playing him there.

Hanley and Gibson will jump straight back in once fit (who ever is fit first) and the much needed left footed central defender will now not be signed as we have McLean.

I'm bloody nervous. This feeling is how I used to feel with city Games. Excited, nervous cheering in the living room wanting a massive win.