Intrigued about the disquiet on here | Vital Football

Intrigued about the disquiet on here

Rytoon

Vital Squad Member
Is it about peoples politics or respect?
It almost feels like this board has no voice.

We’re all in mourning because the BBC is trying its best to prevent any other feeling. From morning through evening it is nonstop morbid nonsense, with various commentators making out that she was the best person since the world was created. Add TalkSport to the nonsense who have been making out she was a 5 x champion heavyweight boxer, part of the Arsenal invincible team and 25 x Olympic gold medalist in the bobsleigh. All complete and utter bullshit anecdotes to fill up the airtime.

I agree some of the coverage is completely over the top. I respected the lady and will watch the funeral but that’s about it. The news last night was extended there was no real need. They were looking at the amount of people waiting to see the queen’s coffin and asking people their reason for waiting. It’s fairly obvious it’s because they have chosen to for whatever personal reasons. It’s what they want to do. At least most programmes are running again. I think it’s a bit sad but she was 96 bless her.

Well seeing as you asked ...I'd have all the royals shot tomorrow. Part of an elitist racist class system that keeps the wealth and vast majority of opportunities for the few and fucks over the vast majority of people in this country. Certain schools certain rules. I'll have the bank holiday though .

Respect's all well & good, shame the ruling class & our politicians don't
reciprocate that same respect to 30% of our bairns living in poverty or the working poor who are on their knees.
Fkn charlatans.

I have no strong feelings either way regarding the royals in general but I have to say the death of the Queen affected me more than I expected.

As far as the coverage goes It doesn't bother me as I have full use of my fingers and the remote control

Last edited:
I have no strong feelings either way regarding the royals in general but I have to say the death of the Queen affected me more than I expected.

As far as the coverage goes It doesn't bother me as I have full use of my fingers and the remote control

Agreed

Aye,remote controls are wonderful things when you don't want
wall to wall coverage of something.
They don't have any effect tho when it comes to seeing the elite cancelling
peoples hospital appointments, closing food banks or cancelling loved ones
funerals etc.
No respect there!