Interview with max ehmer | Vital Football

Interview with max ehmer

Gills88

Vital Reserves Team
For anyone who has a bit of free time, some good questions asked from ( gillsintheblood) fair play for max for doing the interview????

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyTwsFBsAec

A few interesting answers. The captaincy thing it does seem as though he was fairly reluctant to take the armband .It does point to a real need to bring in a real leader who is comfortable with the armband .Also seems like contract discussions are taking place which points to Addie continuing as boss.

Yes I think player contracts were probably decided between Pennock and Scally before the season finished. The only question was which league we'd be in which might have effected the decision on whether to retain one or two of them.

Obviously overload, obviously.

I don't know what the content was as I got sick to death of the piss poor interviewer; after roughly 30 seconds, obviously.

I found it a bit creepy, the way the interviewer would occasionally look at Max whilst developing/asking a question, then when Max answers the interviewer has a fixed stare straight at the camera only looking back to Max to but in with some totally irrelevant comment, which suggests he wasn't listening to anything Max had to say.
Additionally does the interviewer have a fixation on Max? Its just that he could stand in for Max in a look-a-like competition.

Finally, could hardly hear a word as the volume is very low.

Very interesting, I enjoyed it..
Could of possibly been a bit more pressing on what's gone wrong/JED/Pennock/the poison, but can understand not wanting to overstep your boundaries, when he's gone out of his way to o the interview
Other than that really good :1:

Good interview and interesting listening, the thing that struck me about that interview though is there is clear lack of leadership both in the dressing room and on the pitch. Yes we've all said as much but that interview confirms it for me.

As well as Wright has done this season is he a leader, an inspirational captain, an organiser, a bollocker, no, and Max says Wright was the leader. No offence but there in lies the problem IMO.

We desperately need some characters in our XI who have guts, steel, are leaders, hard, winners, organisers and won't let anything or anyone do anything less than their upmost to win games.

Think that interview explained a lot about why we've been so fragile this season.

As for Max saying he hoped all the players that were out of contract got new deals, I hope he was talking as them as his mates, not about their abilities or characters as footballers.

The bloke interviewing is a fan who runs a fan page on Twitter. He isnt a professional so is bound to come across a bit rusty. I imagine hes looking at the camera as its on his phone and we wants to keep them both in shot. I enjoyed it and fair play to Max for doing it.

Billy_Bleach - 3/5/2017 15:07

The bloke interviewing is a fan who runs a fan page on Twitter. He isnt a professional so is bound to come across a bit rusty. I imagine hes looking at the camera as its on his phone and we wants to keep them both in shot. I enjoyed it and fair play to Max for doing it.

His you tube channel is very good! As you say, a bit rusty but he has only been doing this a couple of months! He does a friday preview, matchday live and then a monday show! Normally has his mate Moz on with him!

Captainreblue - 3/5/2017 13:53

As for Max saying he hoped all the players that were out of contract got new deals, I hope he was talking as them as his mates, not about their abilities or characters as footballers.

I interpreted that as him meaning he hoped they got a deal somewhere, not necessarily with us.

I subscribe to this guys YouTube channel and his videos are always entertaining. I also find myself usually agreeing with the opinions voiced by him and his mates, balanced and fair.

Fair play to him for taking the time and effort to put something out and the criticism above seems incredibly petty. If he is looking for feedback then as an interviewer he could improve by shutting up occasionally and allowing the interviewee to speak. ;)

BMH was poorly edited, and rough around the edges, but it remains some of the finest writing you will ever read about GFC. I really hope this guy continues next season and gets more access to the players. Its much better than the sanitised and polished communication from the media and the club.

Well done Max for agreeing (and Josh Wright earlier in the season).

I certainly wouldn't be as harsh as the above. although he could definitely do with polishing up his interview technique, but given he doesn't do it that often it's no surprise he's not up there with trained/seasoned journalists. i could be critical, but am not sure i'd be much better either! It makes you appreciate how good actual journalists are. Certainly though if he does a few more he might improve and it sounds quite a good thing to have another you tube channel etc.

I felt he could have asked some of the obvious harder questions more directly, while still not being offensive/trying his luck. But it was certainly interesting to get a bit of an insight into what was actually covered.

I did laugh a bit though - the start of his interview sounded to me a bit like he'd given Ehmer a load of grief online and then Max had called him out on it, and now he had met with him was too scared to tell Max what he realy thought to his face. He kept empathising saying things like "you can't please everybody". I didnt watch previous blogs but i'd guess he wasn't quite as understanding in them.

Is the youtube warrior the new keyboard warrior?

I'd have like to have seen the bloke ask Max what size his shorts actually were, or wether he had to get them especially made in another country like Razor Ruddock apparently used to. And maybe who his favourite defensive partner has been, or even if he thinks Egan's leaving was a big factor or not (since he couldn't put his finger on what the issue had been other than - lack of confidence).

In terms of Ehmer and what he said: He didn't really seem like the defensive leader AP wanted as a captain to be honest. A bit wishy washy. Either didn't have an opinion or didn't want to say his real opinion. Didn't seem too interested in the captaincy either really.

alphabet_king - 3/5/2017 16:34

In terms of Ehmer and what he said: He didn't really seem like the defensive leader AP wanted as a captain to be honest. A bit wishy washy. Either didn't have an opinion or didn't want to say his real opinion. Didn't seem too interested in the captaincy either really.

Inclined to agree with that.

I wouldn't be surprised if the club vetted the questions before they were asked.