International matches | Page 7 | Vital Football

International matches

I think it's pretty hilarious to go to an England game and boo someone because of the club they play for - completely missing the point of it being an international game.

Tickle will be laughing to know he's living rent free in their heads so much and all the fans around them will think they are embarrassingly cringe for acting like spoilt children. Nothing but a self own.

Congratulations to Sam Tickle, what a fantastic achievement!

Just watching the England senior team. Bellingham, Foden and Mainoo are on another level. Toney is doing well too. Defence is shite though and will mean there is no chance of winning the euros.

Defence is shite though and will mean there is no chance of winning the euros.
Chilwell must be the worst left back England have ever had and Dunk couldn't get in our team.
I don't think the keeper is the best either.

They need to get Tickle, Hughes and Chambers in the team!
You may be saying that in jest, but I honestly think they would have done better.
Th10 said about Bellingham, Foden and Mainoo being on another level, but I thought Gerard Bowen was better than all three of them.
Over the two matches Toney looks to be head and shoulders above Watkins and should be the 2nd striker after Kane at the Euros unless Josh Stones gets fit.

I was at that concert as well, but maybe not as I seem to recollect the added two extra nights. The concert we went to everybody sat down and just sang along.

I never got to watch Queen live, the worse thing is I had chances to do so and let them pass by.
The Eagles played Bingley Hall on two consecutive nights in May 1977. I can’t remember which one I went to but yes everyone was sat down singing along. They opened with “Hotel California” but the highlight for me was Randy Meisner singing “Take It To The Limit”.

As I remember I wasn’t all the impressed with Queen the following year but Bingley Hall was just a tin shed with dreadful acoustics.

:arrghh:

The cross of St George is a red cross on a white background.

The logo on this shirt doesn't have a red cross, and neither is it on a white background.

It isn't a cross of St George.

It's a logo ... why go loco over a logo ?
Too expensive to travel to Acapulco.

That sitter Bellingham missed was on another level of shite. Dont recollect the commentator saying much about that yet his tap in goal was a sublime bit of skill.
Also on the international subject, who the hell was that rank amatuer reporter fronting the Channel 4 presentation. Absolutely awful.

Flicked through the game on YT and Tickle was very lucky that strike late on hit the post and came back out. Would have been criminal to have been beaten at his near post like that.

Saw The Eagles at Bingley Hall, in 1977 when they were a proper band, and Queen in 1978.
I was at that concert...just released Hotel California and played that in it's entirety. Bingley Hall was like an aircraft hanger in the middle of nowhere but the gig was magnificent. Saw YES there as well around the same time and they were great but nobody came close to the Eagles around this era. Santana were brilliant also and saw the Crusaders twice at the Apollo...1st time were simply off the scale, 2nd time they'd just released Street Life and this attracted a bunch of knobs just there to hear that song and not the really good stuff...spoiled the whole event.

Also one of my favourite gigs in the 70s was Mott the Hoople in a venue in Manchester somewhere , mists of time ( among other things )prevents me remembering where. Surprised how good they were though.

Anybody frequent Band on the Wall around this time ?

Enjoyed the game last night. The England U21s played some fantastic football and were a cut above a hard working Luxembourg who lacked any genuine quality.

We were poor at defending our right side though and that caused a couple of moments for Sam, including one rocket which crashed off the bar which he couldn't do anything about. But otherwise he basically had 3 pass backs to deal with and a really quiet night. Didn't look out of place, and hope he gets an opportunity against a stronger team to show what he can do.

Bolton fans really are very small time and pathetic. Imagine booing someone local who's making their debut, just because he plays for a rival club. Weird bunch of fans

Last edited: