International Game Thread | Page 6 | Vital Football

International Game Thread

Seen various international news channels saying Romero and Sonny both picked up knocks.
What was Klinsmann trying to achieve playing Son for 90 mins in a friendly. I know he didn't play on Friday but still!!
Romero was substituted at half time against Peru looking in discomfort apparently. Hopefully it's nothing too bad.

Other news I've seen on our other internationals.
Holjberg played 90 against San Marino
Richi played 45 against Uruguay
Udogie 63 against England
Kulu 45 against Belgium (game rightly abandoned after tragic shootings)
Sarr 69 minutes for Senegal
Apparently Son asked to play

This makes him stupid and Jurgen stupid, they have got the Asian cup in Jan, how is running Son into the ground sensible

Last edited:
Sonny's groin problem has not be solved; it's flaring up again, that is cause for concern.

Romero's knock will be very sore, but hopefully, a few days rest will ease his pain and with a jab, can play. He has a scan as soon as he's back already arranged.

Apparently Son asked to play

This makes him stupid and Jurgen stupid, they have got the Asian cup in Jan, how is running Son into the ground sensible
Every footballer worth his sorts wants to play for his country. It's their choice, and who has the right to blame them.

yesterday he played Trippier out of position, phillips and maguire who are benchboys were in the line up and he subbed on Henderson who has retired from competitive football. With that attitude you win nothing. Philipps should have been sent off. And I saw it coming, typical for a player to be rash who doesnt play a lot. After 8min he allready had a yellow and Gareth didnt remove him untill it was actually to late, (Thought he would be replaced at halftime).

I am a big England fan, but fail to enjoy the games at the moment cause we have a sunday league coach in charge and people are happy clapping his unsuccessful crap football.

yesterday he played Trippier out of position, phillips and maguire who are benchboys were in the line up and he subbed on Henderson who has retired from competitive football. With that attitude you win nothing. Philipps should have been sent off. And I saw it coming, typical for a player to be rash who doesnt play a lot. After 8min he allready had a yellow and Gareth didnt remove him untill it was actually to late, (Thought he would be replaced at halftime).

I am a big England fan, but fail to enjoy the games at the moment cause we have a sunday league coach in charge and people are happy clapping his unsuccessful crap football.
Not selecting those players means bedding other players in. He has zero interest in doing so as he knows he will quit after the euros so long term interests of the team are meaningless to him.

He'll say that Maguire, Henderson and Philips have never let him down because he is too dim to realise that they have already let him down by not playing regularly at a decent enough level to be ready for the Euros.

5 mins after Henderson was subbed on, England had a counter and the ball went out of play. Bellingham made a great forward run as the Italian defence wasn't set and was completely out of position. Instead of getting the ball to throw it to him Henderson slowed down and the chance was gone. People would say that this was experienced game management. But the close up video would show that Henderson was breathing heavily after having the shock of playing football at a higher intensity. That will only get worse as the months of getting custom to Saudi football goes on

Not selecting those players means bedding other players in. He has zero interest in doing so as he knows he will quit after the euros so long term interests of the team are meaningless to him.

He'll say that Maguire, Henderson and Philips have never let him down because he is too dim to realise that they have already let him down by not playing regularly at a decent enough level to be ready for the Euros.

5 mins after Henderson was subbed on, England had a counter and the ball went out of play. Bellingham made a great forward run as the Italian defence wasn't set and was completely out of position. Instead of getting the ball to throw it to him Henderson slowed down and the chance was gone. People would say that this was experienced game management. But the close up video would show that Henderson was breathing heavily after having the shock of playing football at a higher intensity. That will only get worse as the months of getting custom to Saudi football goes on

Pretty sure Maguire lost Giroud for the winner against France.... he's let us down before.

rather funny that he thinks he can trust them while they havent won him anything.
He probably is happy he cant be relegated in euros and WC, If you could I am sure he would manage to do that.

rather funny that he thinks he can trust them while they havent won him anything.
He probably is happy he cant be relegated in euros and WC, If you could I am sure he would manage to do that.

I think the senior players know now they can't trust the manager, so they just get on with it. It is actually them digging Southgate out of his tactical mess.

Fek me guys
Glad I ain't English, if that's the response.
I do find ol Southgate a bit 'Safe' and steady.
He is a bit faithful to his original under 21squad.
However, it can't be, questioned that he took the England squad very close on a couple of occasions and, on paper he is, the most successful England manager since Alf Ramsay.
Whilst as an interested outsider, I do think England lost their best chance at a trophy in the Euro final at home against Italy.
However, with a fair wind, the players, are actually there, with the experience and indeed the skill to go far in the next competition.
I just don't think they're as bad as, some are saying
Look at Bellingham, Kane, Rashford, Grealish, Foden, Saka, fek me they are mainstays in any team and there are more. Rice, Madders, Eze, Gallagher.
As has been said, if two or three mentioned players we're dropped and a few younger faces brought in, who knows, but it is Southgate who is (aparrently) sticking to his fail safe squad.
But the players, are actually there to go out and win something if used right.

Fek me guys
Glad I ain't English, if that's the response.
I do find ol Southgate a bit 'Safe' and steady.
He is a bit faithful to his original under 21squad.
However, it can't be, questioned that he took the England squad very close on a couple of occasions and, on paper he is, the most successful England manager since Alf Ramsay.
Whilst as an interested outsider, I do think England lost their best chance at a trophy in the Euro final at home against Italy.
However, with a fair wind, the players, are actually there, with the experience and indeed the skill to go far in the next competition.
I just don't think they're as bad as, some are saying
Look at Bellingham, Kane, Rashford, Grealish, Foden, Saka, fek me they are mainstays in any team and there are more. Rice, Madders, Eze, Gallagher.
As has been said, if two or three mentioned players we're dropped and a few younger faces brought in, who knows, but it is Southgate who is (aparrently) sticking to his fail safe squad.
But the players, are actually there to go out and win something if used right.

What's interesting is that every player you name, except Rice, is of an attacking nature. Therein lies the problem. That makes Southgate even more defensive minded as he plays more of them to cover the gaps in defensive player quality. He has done it for years and is the reason we didn't win the Euro's. He would play 5 men midfields including guys like Mount, also to cover Kane's lack of work rate. If not 5 men midfields, it would be 5 man defences through major tournaments.

It is totally the wrong attitude. Gareth himself was part of an England team in 1996 that was similar. Adams was a shaky, one pace international centre half, Neville was a rookie at 21 and Venables had to bring Pearce, 34, out of retirement after the injury to Le Saux. Still though, Venables got Gazza, MacManamann, Anderton, Sheringham and Shearer in that eleven. Ince was inspirational. Southgate himself was not the best, but steady. It's as if he learnt nothing from Venables and others in the way he manages himself.

England currently only have one international level centre half in John Stones. His partnership with Walker on that right side is a good thing. They can carry that partnership through the Euro's. I can only hope someone like Colwill or Geihi can step up and fill a massive void. Left back is also a mess with Shaw and Chilwell both made of glass. Shaw has never let his country down when played though. Trips has now played 15 games as a LB for his country. He is a massive weak link there, especially with the hapless Maguire on his inside.

What we do have though is a Jude Bellingham. Young Saka is also a phenonomal player.

I've noted how well we perform in group stages & when it really matters in the KO stages how we freeze or slip up. Something Jude alluded to made my ears prick up. We don't manage the game as well as our continental cousins & that's something that oughta change.

Got you totally Mutters
I was sort of pointing out the positives, in the team, yup the negative is indeed the defensive set up and the 'steady' nature of the manager, he is, a bit biege.

So here we are again.

England on channel 4 are up against Children in Need for the viewing public tonight. I'm sure Tyrick Mitchell will be watching BBC1 after being snubbed by Southgate so that a centre half, Tomori, can play LB. Those old favourites Maguire and Hendo form the spine.

It's just not the same without Bellingham :LOL:

So here we are again.

England on channel 4 are up against Children in Need for the viewing public tonight. I'm sure Tyrick Mitchell will be watching BBC1 after being snubbed by Southgate so that a centre half, Tomori, can play LB. Those old favourites Maguire and Hendo form the spine.

It's just not the same without Bellingham :LOL:
And TAA is no replacement for him by a long way!

And TAA is no replacement for him by a long way!

But liking the new style of refereeing. Absolutely nailed Kane for using the dark arts and not been shy in getting the cards out.

Southgate takes Tomori off and puts Walker at RB and moves Trips over to LB. Rico Lewis sits on the bench. Gareth is such a prick.