International Call Up's | Page 3 | Vital Football

International Call Up's

I think its probably hard for any player of any age to keep their head when you equalise in the 87th minute then go on to win in added time.
Exactly what I was thinking. Also, it's a different matter when you have staff, opposing subs etc potentially trying to give you some grief.

Next International break is October 14th when we are meant to play Burton at home.
Two players are likely to away, will we have a third?

I suppose we'll have to see what the referee's report actually says on this. If it's a violent conduct it could possibly be extended beyond their next game.

Personally I don't mind Sean showing a bit of passion. Adds to his game

Looks like Sean got a second yellow for celebrating in front of the Turkish bench after their winner so it will be a one match ban which will be the match on Tuesday.

Julian Donnery was in the starting lineup for Scotland U19s against Czech Republic yesterday, they drew 2-2.

According to his website he is still under contract with us, although he has recently had trials with Blackburn and Barnsley.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-09-10-17-11-51-93_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb~2.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-09-10-17-11-51-93_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb~2.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 5
Donnery was also an unused substitute in their 3-0 defeat to Belgium U19 on Wednesday. Both games were played in Hasselt, Belgium.

Julian Donnery was in the starting lineup for Scotland U19s against Czech Republic yesterday, they drew 2-2.

According to his website he is still under contract with us, although he has recently had trials with Blackburn and Barnsley.

Is this similar to the Sean Roughan situation, being under contract but allowed trials at Soton and Chelsea? Maybe hoping for a big fee.
Sean was further along the development path and had 1st team experience .
I don't quite get the explanation given at the fans'forum. Are we hoping to cash-in early, but if he doesn't get signed we keep an option on him. What is it that means the Club cannot find a pathway for him?
I know we are dripping with internationals at the moment but you can never have too many.
I respect our recent recruitment and development record but I don't get this one.

Is this similar to the Sean Roughan situation, being under contract but allowed trials at Soton and Chelsea? Maybe hoping for a big fee.
Sean was further along the development path and had 1st team experience .
I don't quite get the explanation given at the fans'forum. Are we hoping to cash-in early, but if he doesn't get signed we keep an option on him. What is it that means the Club cannot find a pathway for him?
I know we are dripping with internationals at the moment but you can never have too many.
I respect our recent recruitment and development record but I don't get this one.
Agreed, don’t think we’re so overblown with talent to not keep an age group international. He can follow the same path the others have, loan deals etc

Agreed, don’t think we’re so overblown with talent to not keep an age group international. He can follow the same path the others have, loan deals etc
That depends on what he wants as well. Maybe he wants away, maybe he wants something different.

i agree as well. has he fallen into that gap we have between u18 and small squad league one first team? shame we couldn't have fixed him up with a loan somewhere suitable, to get minutes.

Worryingly Reeco Hacket didn’t play for Saint Lucia today, I hope he isn’t injured, not in the squad at all.