Interesting graphic on team style | Vital Football

Interesting graphic on team style

king_dezeeuw06

Vital Champions League
Just saw this on twitter, intersting graphic showing how the teams style compared.

Not really suprised to see where we were considering how we played for the 30 games in the middle of the season when we were diabolical if we didn't have a good start and end to average that out we'd probably be on the axes origin in the furthers down and left you can be or that spell! It's a Sheffield United page producing the graphics so we wont get it, but it'd be so intersting if they were able to produce a graphic that compared the difference between us in the start and end where we played football with tempo and the middle when we just gave up on all sembelence of football and blindly lumped it to no one every game. I suspect it would move us into the top left quarter towards the centre point.

Overall we were the 5th most direct (long ball) team in the league and the slowest. Need to change that this summer. Well below the median speed and passing levels. Not pretty reading at all.

Not that it's anything new but the graphic does go to show the importance of playing on the deck with pace.

D_RE2ZIUIAMOq1v.jpg large.jpg

Last edited:
I'd love to see us between Derby and Norwich on that graphic which I feel would show game intelligence. Of course that isolates passing from the other aspects of the game, such as dribbling success, for example, which I'd be interested to see how we fare there against our counterparts. Interesting that Blackburn who came up with us are very close.

What a surprise even science demonstrates how shit we were last season.
Brace yourselves in because at the moment it's going to be even worse this time around.