Insurance | Vital Football

Insurance

kefkat

Vital Football Legend
Do NOT take out insurance with Swinton brokers is what I have to say this morning.

Cancelled my contents renewal 2 weeks ago online as I had a cheaper deal. It didn't cancel.

I rang the insurance brokers this morning to cancel and give them a polite word that their insurance cancellation online wasn't working. I was then told "we know":🙄🙄🙄 sigh

I got a woman who was shall we say very slow dealing and her first language wasn't English. How does it take someone 34 minutes and 14 seconds (yes I checked my call log when I came off the phone) to cancel a policy?

I would love to know what she was doing her end. She kept putting me on hold and I had to keep checking she was there when the music wasn't on.

The final straw was when she asked for my card details: I raised my voice and said "What do you want them for? I'm cancelling my policy. You don't need them"

She then said "Would you like your card details cancelled off our system?"

Err yeah 🙄🙄🙄

I had a problem with Swinton too. They sent through my renewal which I politely declined and went elsewhere much cheaper. 4 years later I've been contacted by a debt collector saying I owe Swinton a years insurance. So I rang them and said what do you do if someone doesn't pay their insurance or miss a payment, reply was we cancel their policy immediately. I then said how many payments did I make that year, answer none. End of conversation.

I had a problem with Swinton too. They sent through my renewal which I politely declined and went elsewhere much cheaper. 4 years later I've been contacted by a debt collector saying I owe Swinton a years insurance. So I rang them and said what do you do if someone doesn't pay their insurance or miss a payment, reply was we cancel their policy immediately. I then said how many payments did I make that year, answer none. End of conversation.

They are appalling. I vaguely remember having insurance with them 30 years ago ago when I was with the ex. They were no better then

It's blatant profiteering, old man 'was' with Hastings I think he said tonight. Want to uplift by roughly £220, he's had no issues that would warrant an inflation uplift of maybe more than £10/20 for this year.

Suffice to say, Hastings have lost a customer.

Family member rang an insurance company yesterday for renewal quotes. When quirying why the quote was so high he was told that we live in a high car crime area. Family member said we live in a very low car crime area, to which he was told you had a car stolen from your property in 2018. Family member replied that the vehicle to which you refer was stolen 225 miles away in Birmingham. Response, "that doesn't matter, tho owner still lives at the same address as you.
Tossers.

It's blatant profiteering, old man 'was' with Hastings I think he said tonight. Want to uplift by roughly £220, he's had no issues that would warrant an inflation uplift of maybe more than £10/20 for this year.

Suffice to say, Hastings have lost a customer.

Hastings are another company I stopped doing business with. Quoted me a cheap price to get me on board then when it came time to renew doubled the price.

I'm with Hastings. I find their prices reasonable.

I think the trick is to shop around at renewal time and very often the insurers you are with will be quoting cheaper than what they are offering to renew at , so you just swap over to them .

Hastings are another company I stopped doing business with. Quoted me a cheap price to get me on board then when it came time to renew doubled the price.

That's what happened to me at renewal with Seinton two weeks ago hence I cancelled. They had doubled my premium cost from last year.

I went on MSE which is my go to and worked from there. I'm back with Sainsburies who are charging me the same as Swinton did last year