Insulted by the pop-up ads! | Vital Football

Insulted by the pop-up ads!

romanianvillan

Vital Football Hero
I am continually being insulted by pop-up ads, not just on VV, but everywhere. Today, VV is suggesting I should improve my flexibility! I mean, come on guys, I'm somewhere in my mid-40s, I've got multiple abdominal hernias and a bit of a fucked-up head, and they want me to get FLEXIBLE???

:116: :116: :116:

this site seems to be running a lot slower on my PC than what it used to. Not sure if its because of the pop up's?

Barney2004 - 21/1/2016 15:13

this site seems to be running a lot slower on my PC than what it used to. Not sure if its because of the pop up's?

Nah, VV's working fine for me (I wasn't suggesting otherwise), I was just making fun of the ads!

What pop ups, we don't allow any? If you mean the right hand bottom corner betting, that's an overlay and is a quick loader.

You cleared your cookies and cache etc recently Barney? Goodness knows where your filthy mind takes you online!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

it's lightning quick for me today, there was it seemed an advertiser server problem last night though, bottom left you often see the status 'waiting for' followed by certain advertisers. Bit painful then.

And Romanian, you are younger than me bro, no excuses, I can go beyond touching my toes, I can nearly lay my hands flat on the floor.

The Fear - 21/1/2016 15:17

What pop ups, we don't allow any? If you mean the right hand bottom corner betting, that's an overlay and is a quick loader.

You cleared your cookies and cache etc recently Barney? Goodness knows where your filthy mind takes you online!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

it's lightning quick for me today, there was it seemed an advertiser server problem last night though, bottom left you often see the status 'waiting for' followed by certain advertisers. Bit painful then.

And Romanian, you are younger than me bro, no excuses, I can go beyond touching my toes, I can nearly lay my hands flat on the floor.

Not pop-ups, I mean the flashy moving things at the side, top and bottom of the pages.

The Fear - 21/1/2016 15:17

Hey man, so can I...

...if I'm lying on the floor stomach down... :14:

No pop ups with me either, but the ads do make me laugh. I was 'bombarded' with ads inviting me to buy property in India ffs........

They must of heard I was buying up Indonesia..... Lol

The Fear - 21/1/2016 18:45

PMSL... that's a start brother!!!!!!!!!!!!

Little by little.. :17

I was in hospital again today, for my multiple gastro-intestinal hernias, the surgeon asked me to bend over (no rude comments please!!) while he was holding my stomach, and I couldn't hardly bend at all before they started popping again... soon enough I'll be asking my wife to put my socks on and wipe my arse. Oh dear. :10:

get that all sorted medically dude, then start sorting yourself. Loads of help and support available on this here mad site of ours!

Get Ad blocker and if you dont want to stop income streams like the ones for this site you can make site exceptions.

So I can block youtube ads but allow VV ads.

Honestly think it is awful to use ad blocker. People want the (and mate, I realise you said not for a site like this and appreciate it) use of sites and the services but want it 'pain' free.

The alternative if people do start to use ad blocker more is all sites will go behind walls and people will have to start paying for their internet surfing which would be awful.

This was meant to be a lighthearted thread btw with Romanian's post!

How do the ads work again? Is it if we click on one and redirect to the relevant site they pay Vital?

The Fear - 23/1/2016 18:08

Honestly think it is awful to use ad blocker. People want the (and mate, I realise you said not for a site like this and appreciate it) use of sites and the services but want it 'pain' free.

The alternative if people do start to use ad blocker more is all sites will go behind walls and people will have to start paying for their internet surfing which would be awful.

This was meant to be a lighthearted thread btw with Romanian's post!

Sorry mate, i'll put extra smileys in next time so people realise i'm just joking - perhaps it's because I rarely appear in this forum, people assume I'm just a grumpy old sod. :81:

The Fear - 22/1/2016 16:35

get that all sorted medically dude, then start sorting yourself. Loads of help and support available on this here mad site of ours!

As I always say to my wife "don't worry love, I'm fine" :17:

Just waiting for an abdominal CT scan, then they'll decide whether to operate or just tell me to lose 15 kg. I'm not sure which one I'd prefer :9:

SKEGGY - 23/1/2016 19:41

How do the ads work again? Is it if we click on one and redirect to the relevant site they pay Vital?

If you really want to be bored.....

The ones at the bottom of articles and bottom of forum lists 'sponsored by rev content' that is a click rate, so yes, we get paid for clicks.

Most adverts are cpm (cost per thousand) so are related to our traffic figures not clicks HOWEVER they then also look at click through rate (CTR) to make sure people are clicking them, if you have a good ctr you get better paid adverts.

There, that IS my life and it's a thrill innit?!