INJURY NEWS: Craig Stanley | Vital Football

INJURY NEWS: Craig Stanley

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
<b>@Staners6:</b> "Bad news I have a stress fracture of my second metatarsal don't know how long il be out for all depends how it heels"

<b>@Staners6:</b> "Gutted bout the news time to rest up now get my foot right make sure the bone heeled and come better and stronger"

According to his Twitter he had a contract for next year. Wasn't aware we signed him on a two.

He must be another one of the players that Moyses was on about 3 or 4 weeks back.

Muldoon, Tempest and Stanley so far.

That's a shame, he has done a good job for us this season. Even if he might not be in the team at the moment as Cricklewood suggests, he is well worth having in reserve at worst.

I may be in the minority but I wouldn't have offered him a new deal. We look better with more legs in midfield. He moves around like tinman.

If, as it seems, Tempest and Stanley get new deals then our CM options next season are already Tempest, Stanley and Power.

Luke Imp - 24/2/2016 16:59

If, as it seems, Tempest and Stanley get new deals then our CM options next season are already Tempest, Stanley and Power.

Hmm. Mixed feelings. All can have their good day, but they also have regular off days. Definitely an area requiring large improvements.

Impster - 24/2/2016 15:31

According to his Twitter he had a contract for next year. Wasn't aware we signed him on a two.
I follow Craig on Twitter and haven't seen that tweet. Must have missed it.

trisimp - 24/2/2016 17:31

Time to get rid of captain anonymous
To be fair, Power has done alright recently. In honesty I'd keep him ahead of Stanley. Sadly, I think Craigs legs are gone and we need more mobility in there.

Steve O'Dare - 24/2/2016 17:35

There's a conversation here seems to indicate he has one although doesn't specifically mention next season ... https://twitter.com/staners6/status/702508567631364096 ... not sure. Good luck to him - think he's decent.

Skip155 - 24/2/2016 18:00

There's a conversation here seems to indicate he has one although doesn't specifically mention next season ... https://twitter.com/staners6/status/702508567631364096 ... not sure. Good luck to him - think he's decent.
It does mate. Thanks.

Skip155 - 24/2/2016 18:00

It does mate. Thanks.

Certainly not quick but always puts in a shift and has 500 games behind him. Think I'd rather keep him than Sparrow who's been a disappointment.

Davidimp - 24/2/2016 20:23

Certainly not quick but always puts in a shift and has 500 games behind him. Think I'd rather keep him than Sparrow who's been a disappointment.

I think it should be remembered that Matt Sparrow has been used in a midfield which was constantly bypassed and therefore his talents have been wasted. When City had the early season spell of passing the ball I thought he did well.

Then came the announcement that the team would play to their strengths and it was exclusively long-ball rubbish. Finally, when those tactics got "found out", City reverted to mix and match tactics and it's working pretty well. This style would suit Matt Sparrow as he is much like Tempest - knows how to retain possession.

If Tempest loses form or gets injured, or Power is off form (he played pretty well on Saturday) I think Sparrow would slot in there nicely.

UTI !

redimpsfan100 - 25/2/2016 16:41

Davidimp - 24/2/2016 20:23

I think it should be remembered that Matt Sparrow has been used in a midfield which was constantly bypassed and therefore his talents have been wasted. When City had the early season spell of passing the ball I thought he did well.

Then came the announcement that the team would play to their strengths and it was exclusively long-ball rubbish. Finally, when those tactics got "found out", City reverted to mix and match tactics and it's working pretty well. This style would suit Matt Sparrow as he is much like Tempest - knows how to retain possession.

If Tempest loses form or gets injured, or Power is off form (he played pretty well on Saturday) I think Sparrow would slot in there nicely.

UTI !
When was there an announcement that the team would play to their strengths. I thought that had been stated right at the beginning of the season and is the major reason why we have a 20+ goal striker!