Injuries | Page 2 | Vital Football

Injuries

Blimey, I had already forgotten about Morton. How fickle I must be. I thought it was a muscle tear rather than a dislocation, or am I talking rubbish? If it is a muscle issue I'm surprised he is going to be out for so long, although I have zero knowledge on these things...

Blimey, I had already forgotten about Morton. How fickle I must be. I thought it was a muscle tear rather than a dislocation, or am I talking rubbish? If it is a muscle issue I'm surprised he is going to be out for so long, although I have zero knowledge on these things...

If it's a dislocated shoulder, if you are young it's much easier to pop it right back out again and repeatedly doing it and smacking it back in (as some young rugby players do) will lead to permanent damage. The older you get before you dislocate it the harder it is for the shoulder to pop out again (although in my case they had to put me under general anaesthetic to put it back in when I did mine since I was older and it was apparently very hard to get it back in.)
An operation on a dislocated shoulder is usually to ensure a big whack doesn't pop it straight back out again.

If it's not a dislocation then I don't know I'm afraid...

Unfortuantely some teams get a run of injuries and some get a run without, All you can do is you dont get battered with them

Absolutely shouldn't rush him back, if its dislocated then that's a whole heap of potential trouble should he play too soon. Bryan Robson and the 1986 World Cup is a good example...
Sure I saw somewhere it was a dislocation.

One of my sons, a strong swimmer and very flexible, had a series of dislocations in his early 20s, all just 'popped' back in place before needing a general anaesthetic to reset his last one a couple of years ago. He's since had operations on both shoulders, 6 weeks off each time.

Callum's treatment and rehab will be different, sounds like his doctors are trying to avoid surgery if possible which may indicate something more complex.

It was the second game ,in the 0-0 draw with Morocco when he went off injured.

So it was, good memory! It was an injury he carried into the tournament though wasn't it? I seem to remember lot's of speculation about whether he should be going or not..