Injuries Update | Vital Football

Injuries Update

SaskPool

Vital Football Legend
Terry McPhillips has provided an update on what has been a mounting injury list for Blackpool, with Mark Howard the latest player to be sidelined.
The goalkeeper was forced off against Arsenal on Saturday due to a groin problem, while Ben Heneghan missed the game due to illness.
“It was a big disappointment for us to lose Mark against Arsenal. We think it’s his groin again so we’ll assess him on that,” the manager said.
“Ben had been ill all week to be fair. He’d go through a brick wall for you, but he couldn’t get out of bed. Hopefully he’ll be fine to train again this week.”
Losing both players before and during the Emirates FA Cup tie meant that The Seasiders had a total of nine first-team squad players missing.
“We were short anyway with no Tilty, Ollie Turton, Joe Dodoo, Mark Cullen, Jimmy Ryan, Max Clayton and no Jordan Thompson, so this wasn’t great news for us.
“Fortunately, we welcome Jordan back from suspension this weekend and hopefully Tilty and Ollie will be the two closest to returning from injury. We hope to get them training at some point this week,” McPhillips added.

Gutting news about Howard, however I'm OK with Mafoumbi as a replacement, can see Boney being recalled from Solihull immediately.
Promising about Heneghan in that he hasn't been recalled unless the injury/illness is a cover.
Clearly no sign of Ryan or Doodoo being ready for Saturday.
Ironically Thompson would have suited last Saturday's game

There is better news elsewhere though, with Curtis Tilt and Ollie Turton back in training and Jordan Thompson back from suspension. When asked for an update on the fitness of Tilt and Turton, McPhillips said: “They're close. "They’re involved in today’s training so that’s a big positive. I've got my fingers crossed for them.”

Pool should also be boosted by the return of Ben Heneghan, who missed last weekend's game through illness. “Yes he will be in today," McPhillips confirmed. "He’s had a good few days off and we will assess him. “I’m sure he’ll still have a little bit of the lurgy, which is going around, but we will see.”