Injuries and Consistency | Vital Football

Injuries and Consistency

Luke Imp

Alert Team
Staff member
A couple of things that have probably only been mentioned a few times are injuries, or lack of, and therefore consistency in team selections (bar the rotation over the last four games or so).

That I can recall, we've only had 3 players missing through muscular injuries i.e. strains/pulls? We lost Arnold for the two Guiseley games, which was basically a week, Rhead for a game or two in August and Raggett missed Macclesfield away (but on the bench?) as a precaution.

Miles was just an unfortunate foot break in a challenge and Habergham's injury was in a challenge as well and both impact injuries rather than your typical muscular ones. Marriott's was also a freak elbow injury. Even with Beevers, that's not your typical muscle injury.

If you take what you think is our strongest XI and I imagine they'll all be very similar except for two players maximum, and look at how many games each has played, we've had a pretty settled and consistent side so far this season.

When you consider York have used around 70 players (assuming that's this in the last year rather than this season?!), we must be at the opposite end.

Anyone know if this information on players used for the division is readily available anywhere?

Don't think it's luck is to do with the conditioning and the personal fitness programs they all have. The club is so professional in it's approach and warm ups and warm downs. A lot of the prevention work they do stops injuries and certainly reduces the risks of niggles

Stevie_imp - 26/1/2017 13:15

Been lucky so far. Luck doesn't last forever.

There may be an element of good fortune but as has been said I think you are doing a great dis-service to how professionally the club is being run at the moment.

I think there is a large element of good fortune......so far, as the season has a way to go yet. Of course i'm not doubting anything the Cowleys have brought to the club with much improved training and discipline. However it's a contact sport and no matter how fit you are, injuries are almost inevitable and so far we've got off lightly. That's all i'm saying. Long may it continue.

Maybe in respect to impact injuries such as Habergham's dead leg, but I was pointing more towards muscular ones. That's down to the likes of Hines and Jelly (think there are a couple of others, too).