Baldock/Bogle
Stevens
Basham/Goode
JOC/Davies

Fleck

Mcgoldrick
Brewster

Them defenders would walk in any side you'd think 🙈

With everybody fit, now that the hangover is done with, we'd piss promotion.

But we won't piss promotion.

And we'll miss out on recovering about another £20m on top of the rest of the money we'll never get back - and that's not even including JOC.

Injuries have reduced the value of Bogle, Berge and Brewster - the very minimum impact is that when we can actually sell them, they'll be older, and their contracts shorter. The maximum impact is a detrimental impact on their ability in addition to that.

It's as I've been saying on the match thread, 10 players out 7 of them defenders. Impossible situation for PH made even worse because we've only got one 'proper' striker who's 36 and who's only back up is a young prospect barely ready and a bleeding useless donkey who's even stopped pretending to be interested now. Barring a miracle such as getting 3 or 4 defensive players back quicker than expected or Jebbo playing regularly and scoring for fun I think we're stuffed.

Last edited:
Those 7 games in February, over a 22 day period, exacerbated by only 2 in December have taken their toll on the squad.
It's a miracle but we're still in the top 6 (after today's QPR win) and the question is can we hang on, regroup and push on?
I doubt we'll have a better chance in the coming years but it's going to need a hell of an efffort.
Billy's last stand????????

The best we can hope for is hanging on to a top 6 spot with 2 or 3 important players regaining full fitness going into the play offs.

After your brief flirtation with optimism which, to be fair, really didn't suit you Herbert, it's good to see Stomper is back.

Are McGoldrick, Bogle and Brewster definitely out longer than May time? The others will be back before then.
We haven't been given a definitive date for any of them so I suppose there's an outside chance one could be fit but problem is being fit to resume training is one thing, being match fit is another. After having an op and being so long out, rehabilitation could take months rather than weeks. I think Brewster and Bogle will more likely be focussing on getting fit enough fir a normal pre season but maybe McG could be fit for the play offs.

Last edited:
After your brief flirtation with optimism which, to be fair, really didn't suit you Herbert, it's good to see Stomper is back.

You seemed to latch on to me and my egregious, upsetting "negativity" when I was highly critical of Nigel Clough.

Any comment on how he's doing now?

If you actually analysed my positivity/negativity against any given period for the club, you will in fact see that, shockingly, I'm generally very fair.

Wes
Egan Lopata Longthrow
Berge Norwood Hourihane Osborn
MGW Ndiaye
Sharp

or

Wes
Gordon Egan Lopata Longthrow
Berge Norwood Hourihane
MGW Sharp Osborn

Are McGoldrick, Bogle and Brewster definitely out longer than May time? The others will be back before then.

They've already been ruled out for the season. We might have seen the last of McGoldrick as his contract is up in the summer I think.

You seemed to latch on to me and my egregious, upsetting "negativity" when I was highly critical of Nigel Clough.

Any comment on how he's doing now?

If you actually analysed my positivity/negativity against any given period for the club, you will in fact see that, shockingly, I'm generally very fair.

I liked Clough but seemed to play negative football and drag everybody back (just like Dave Jones did at Wolves). When we went a goal ahead. If we went 1-0 down we'd just push forward and batter opposition.