In order, where have you lived? | Page 2 | Vital Football

In order, where have you lived?

What's very interesting is that almost everyone on here has a Birmingham connection. If a group of United supporters were asked to do the same I bet their relationship to Manchester would be non-existent.
Besides living in the midlands for several years, my other connection is that my parents lived in Birmingham from the late 1950s to 1990, my dad having gone over in 1956 to get work.

Besides living in the midlands for several years, my other connection is that my parents lived in Birmingham from the late 1950s to 1990, my dad having gone over in 1956 to get work.
It was grandad with me. By the time he'd told me tales of Villa Park and I could hear the roar of the crowd from our house in Witton I couldn't wait too get down there to see what it was all about.

It was grandad with me. By the time he'd told me tales of Villa Park and I could hear the roar of the crowd from our house in Witton I couldn't wait too get down there to see what it was all about.
On my first ever visit to Birmingham to visit my parents in November 1963 (I was living with my granny in Belfast), Dad took me to Villa Park.

On my first ever visit to Birmingham to visit my parents in November 1963 (I was living with my granny in Belfast), Dad took me to Villa Park.
Only ever had that pleasure once, when I took dad to the Villa v United league cup semi final second leg just before Christmas. If that didn't grab him nothing would.

My wife's grandparents came over in the early part of the 20th century too escape the troubles. The O'Neills, Kings of Ireland,as I get reminded of on a regular basis.

My wife's grandparents came over in the early part of the 20th century too escape the troubles. The O'Neills, Kings of Ireland,as I get reminded of on a regular basis.
My mother was an O'Neill, you need to google why the O'Neills have a red hand on their family crest..... Its really Irish.

My mother was an O'Neill, you need to google why the O'Neills have a red hand on their family crest..... Its really Irish.
Blimey col, there's a fair bit of it. I knew there would be a tale too tell as it's Irish.😁

I've also got a few different results, but the main part is the 3 stags heads on the shield.

The name Doyle in Ireland is thought to be of Norse origin and comes from the Irish Ó'Dubhghaill or dubh ghall, the "dark stranger or foreigner". This was a descriptive formula first used to describe the invading Vikings, and in particular to distinguish the darker-haired Danes from the fair-haired Norwegians.

The name is most prominent in Dublin, Wexford, Wicklow and Carlow. The motto on the Doyle coat of arms says 'Fortitudine Vincit' which means 'He conquers by strength'

View attachment 72803

Right so that's all my addresses and my surname, what's the next thread, our favourite online banking passwords? lol
i forgot a couple of other addresses ,heathfield road,
somewhere at the bottom of westminister road, they were turbulent times, and last of all one of the roads off the broadway, where i took the plunge and got married, i think looking at my ancestry, i was a bard at one time, ? seanie

i forgot a couple of other addresses ,heathfield road,
somewhere at the bottom of westminister road, they were turbulent times, and last of all one of the roads off the broadway, where i took the plunge and got married, i think looking at my ancestry, i was a bard at one time, ? seanie
If you got married at one of the roads off the Broadway, that would be Wenlock Road where we lived. Only one with a church.