In case you missed it | Vital Football

In case you missed it

That, and the goal at Gateshead. Two iconic moments.
Despite the financial significance of the Ipswich goal and all of the wonderful things it led to, the one at Gateshead is the special one for me. A brilliant goal, and one that I believe only Arnold in that Lincoln team could have scored. It effectively won the league for us, and I will adore Nathan Arnold forever because of it. Not in a homoerotic way, you understand.

EDIT: I still watch the goal at Gateshead on YouTube occasionally: spine-tingling.

Despite the financial significance of the Ipswich goal and all of the wonderful things it led to, the one at Gateshead is the special one for me. A brilliant goal, and one that I believe only Arnold in that Lincoln team could have scored. It effectively won the league for us, and I will adore Nathan Arnold forever because of it. Not in a homoerotic way, you understand.

EDIT: I still watch the goal at Gateshead on YouTube occasionally: spine-tingling.

Nah, Rheady could have done that too...

I was in a local (to me) pub watching it on the tv - which I specifically asked them to put on. They had no idea who we were, naturally. When we won the penalty, I told the barman that we'd score it and then go on to win. Given it was right near the end, he didn't believe me. So when Arnold then scored not long after, you wouldn't believe how smug my face was when I turned to face him!

That brought a smile to my face. Steve Cowley was immediately behind me and Jules at Gateshead, and I won't tell you what he said when Rhead stepped up to take the penalty...
A guy in front of me suggested someone else take it and buried his head in his hands....

I just shouted "Rheady" a lot - and at great volume. Then at a greater volume....

Good luck to Nathan I hope it works out well for him. Had the pleasure of chatting with him on a couple of occasions, what a thoroughly nice chap he is.

Does anyone know what became of his less illustrious brother Max? I believe he played one game for City.