Impressive grudges.... | Vital Football

Impressive grudges....

I very much enjoyed BobG's contribution.

That's what following a football team should be all about. Not a load of statistical mumbo-jumbo, but emotion. Raw, irrational emotion.

And fun. BobG may be missing the fun bit. But I like him anyway.
"Lincoln City. Sincil Bank. The names are synonymous with extravagant cheating and bent refereeing." - maybe why we changed to LNER😂

I very much enjoyed BobG's contribution.

That's what following a football team should be all about. Not a load of statistical mumbo-jumbo, but emotion. Raw, irrational emotion.
Ill-informed, too. Dixie's challenge was perfectly legal at the time (in fact, I have a feeling it was outlawed at the end of that season).

Definitely synonymous. Lost count of the number of matches that have been graced by bent referees and cheating opposition robbing us of a fair match. We always seem to get 'em.

TBH we might be the team that has had the lowest count of "homer" refereeing........IMO.........In my attending lifetime.

Ill-informed, too. Dixie's challenge was perfectly legal at the time (in fact, I have a feeling it was outlawed at the end of that season).
Indeed, provided both of the goalkeeper's feet were secure on the ground at the point of impact. I seem to recall there was a famous 1950's cup final goal of the same ilk involving one of the North West clubs.

Definitely synonymous. Lost count of the number of matches that have been graced by bent referees and cheating opposition robbing us of a fair match. We always seem to get 'em.

TBH we might be the team that has had the lowest count of "homer" refereeing........IMO.........In my attending lifetime.
Ah but now we play the game in the 'proper' style watch it swing in our favour.