Important-Now is the time to nail thy colours | Vital Football

Important-Now is the time to nail thy colours

Rob_b100

Vital 1st Team Regular
To the mast - to coin a nautical phrase.

For many years most of us have posted on this and previous sites going back to the early 2000’s. Over tha sands of time there have been two camps, two rival factions, two differing of views. Sometimes folk flip from one side to another, legally I hasten to add, and without shame (apart from the odd parenting question) They sometimes lurk on the oppositions side for a while, one solitary 90 minute showing on the green carpet often sways them to reconsider, or further entrenches their view.

Some years the factions are quiet, often when all are resigned to the same fate, or we appear to be trundling along just barely worthy of a footnote in the tabloid weekend roundup supplement. Occasionally when success is virtually assured one side seems to disappear completely, like a bucket of KFC delivered to BFSE door.
But it’s never gone for long, it soon reappears (just like the remenants of the aforementioned meal, only not usually by the next morning).

Currently there seems a disturbance (nope, not in the force Palpatine) within the fan base. We seem to have both factions active again and it seems about time we heard both sides and got some accurate measure of feeling. Well, as accurate at 60 of us on here can be anyway.

I considered doing a poll, but, well, you know.....

So I feel now is the time, the question must be asked, nail thy colours to the mast you lot.

Apologist or Bedwetter 2024?

Just for clarity, my sheets are maybe a little damp in one area.

To the mast - to coin a nautical phrase.

For many years most of us have posted on this and previous sites going back to the early 2000’s. Over tha sands of time there have been two camps, two rival factions, two differing of views. Sometimes folk flip from one side to another, legally I hasten to add, and without shame (apart from the odd parenting question) They sometimes lurk on the oppositions side for a while, one solitary 90 minute showing on the green carpet often sways them to reconsider, or further entrenches their view.

Some years the factions are quiet, often when all are resigned to the same fate, or we appear to be trundling along just barely worthy of a footnote in the tabloid weekend roundup supplement. Occasionally when success is virtually assured one side seems to disappear completely, like a bucket of KFC delivered to BFSE door.
But it’s never gone for long, it soon reappears (just like the remenants of the aforementioned meal, only not usually by the next morning).

Currently there seems a disturbance (nope, not in the force Palpatine) within the fan base. We seem to have both factions active again and it seems about time we heard both sides and got some accurate measure of feeling. Well, as accurate at 60 of us on here can be anyway.

I considered doing a poll, but, well, you know.....

So I feel now is the time, the question must be asked, nail thy colours to the mast you lot.

Apologist or Bedwetter 2024?

Just for clarity, my sheets are maybe a little damp in one area.

This is my favourite post ever on this site and I haven't got a fucking clue what it's about. Marvellous stuff x

Hear Ye! Hear Ye! 🔔🔔

I hereby wholeheartedly apologise for anything GFC have ever done, are doing now, or will do in future.

There. Can’t be any clearer than that.

I think I may well have shit the bed, will try and clear it up before the match thread. Sorry, mum.

A third as yet undefined category for me.

On the field the season has been a massive disappointment and this squad has significantly underachieved against expectations.

Off the field things are improving all the time.

After years of decline which would have left us in the National league or worse we are in much better shape with the new owners. The trajectory has been reversed and is upwards.

When I look at that national league I dread to think where a scally led club would be languishing

Crowds are up, sponsorship is up and I'm sure we in time we will be promoted to league one again.

These things take time as the flag says.