IMPORANT: Changes To Vital Lincoln City Features Ahead of New Season | Vital Football

IMPORANT: Changes To Vital Lincoln City Features Ahead of New Season

Jules

Website Owner
Staff member
Score Predictions & Starting XI: These threads will now be posted as one, rather than two separate threads.

Quizzes & Polls: These will also now be posted on just one thread instead of two.

Pre-Match Interviews: Apart from the article with the summary of what Mark Kennedy has said, these will now be posted on one thread.

Who Are Ya? (Q&As): This feature will continue to run before every match (assuming we get at least one volunteer per match) with a few less questions, though there will still be the opportunity to submit questions ahead of each match if you have anything specific you would like to ask.

Three Things: This feature has been scrapped prior to matches and will now only run post-match, so please look out for the thread asking for the three things you learnt during a match following each fixture!

Man of The Match: You (the members) will now get 24 hours to nominate ONE player each and provide your reason(s) for your nomination. Following this 24 hour period, those nominated will be added to a poll on the front page so that everyone can vote. You will have 24 hours to vote on the poll.

Match Highlights & Post-Match Interviews: A thread will be started following each match, and as videos are added to YouTube/Social Media, they will be added to this one thread, rather than several threads.

I can't think of anything else at the moment, but if I do, I will edit this thread!

Thanks Jules. The only thought that occurs to me (maybe just being cynical) is - does this all mean less posts and ergo less money to you for you to donate to the club and operate player sponsorships? Just a lazy question - nothing else intended. 👍

Thanks Jules. The only thought that occurs to me (maybe just being cynical) is - does this all mean less posts and ergo less money to you for you to donate to the club and operate player sponsorships? Just a lazy question - nothing else intended. 👍

Not intending to answer for Jules, but I think streamlining things will actually lead to more posts/views as it's often better to have things in one place rather than have to navigate through several which does put people off.

Not intending to answer for Jules, but I think streamlining things will actually lead to more posts/views as it's often better to have things in one place rather than have to navigate through several which does put people off.
Cheers Sedgley. I can understand that (allowing, of course, for the non-topic posts 🙄).

I don't see why it would result in less posts and less page views. I've simply reduced the number of threads and combined them. I'm simply trying to reduce my workload.

The issue I have is when a thread is so clearly about a topic and it goes off onto another topic that could create a really good new thread, rather than take over and ruin the thread that was already in place.

Thanks Jules. Appreciate all your hard work and looking forward to a new season with everyone here.