Impact of loans | Page 2 | Vital Football

Impact of loans

Coppinger. On subs bench last week. I'm sure I first saw him back in 1967 when I witnessed a shock home defeat - yes, believe it or not, they were rare in those days.

Just looked up Kevin Ellison of Morcambe. Another legend. Pantomime villain but I've always liked the character.

Ellison certainly a lower division legend and still enjoying his football at 40. He's at Newport now so may well sign off with a promotion.

Conerning the loanees I think playing to an empty stadium has been detrimental. Coming to play league football and playing for points is one part of their education but so is playing in front of a crowd that cares. I am sure they would have been lifted. Alfie Jones was a very tidy player but you could see how his performances improved as the crowd appreciated his work.

I liked Lumley, thought he commanded his area well, looked too organize the defense well, Distribution needed work but so does Bonham's.
I would have been happy to see him stay for a few months.

Conerning the loanees I think playing to an empty stadium has been detrimental. Coming to play league football and playing for points is one part of their education but so is playing in front of a crowd that cares. I am sure they would have been lifted. Alfie Jones was a very tidy player but you could see how his performances improved as the crowd appreciated his work.

I wonder if the crowd getting on their backs would have had a detrimental affect ?

Some of the displays this season would have resulted in lots of pressure from the stands. We aren't a tolerant lot.

He was good. Too good for us though
If Lumley was available it could be worth perhaps persuading him to join us .Bonham I believe is out of contract at the end of the season.Walsh needs games at a decent level to possibly challenge next season. Lumley's presence could make a difference to the general performance of the defence. I feel sure that certain keepers have a real impact talking and shouting at young defenders.Bonham has done OK but that's it he doesn't seem to have made any impact on the defence in general.

If Lumley was available it could be worth perhaps persuading him to join us .Bonham I believe is out of contract at the end of the season.Walsh needs games at a decent level to possibly challenge next season. Lumley's presence could make a difference to the general performance of the defence. I feel sure that certain keepers have a real impact talking and shouting at young defenders.Bonham has done OK but that's it he doesn't seem to have made any impact on the defence in general.
Didn’t someone (Shotshy?) say Lumley is on £8k a week? If true that would rule us out other than emergency short term use again.

...a back four of Jackson, Tucker, Ogilvie and Medley at LB.
Robertson should start if fit with McKenzie deeper, O’connor on the left and Dempsey right with a n other in midfield, probably Eccles. ( Mellis is too lightweight)
Oliver and Graham.

Assuming you've still got Bonham in goal, I think this is far more cunning than most people have realised... You've sneakily opted to play a 4-5-2 formation! ;) (y)