Immigration | Vital Football

Immigration

kefkat

Vital Football Legend
I'm not sure if you will want to merge this JF. I didn't know where to put it so I started a new thread.

How to detoxify the politics of immigration

Doom-mongers on both the left and the right are wrong

Every day, screens around the world fill with grim pictures from Gaza, where nearly 2m Palestinians have been forced out of their homes. Even larger numbers have been displaced in Congo, Sudan, Syria and Ukraine. Most people feel compassion when they see fellow humans fleeing from bombs, bullets or machetes. But many also experience another emotion: fear.

Seen through a screen, the world can seem violent and scary even to residents of safe, rich places. Many worry that ever-swelling numbers of refugees and other migrants will surge across their borders. Nativist politicians talk of an “invasion

Cont at: (you can sign up and read this for free)

Just those counties have wars and people running for their lives? Can you release a list of ALL countries where people are suffering please?

The problem is countries can only allow a certain number in before it becomes unsustainable.
In the last week I read in the Irish Times that Ireland has run out of places for anymore and they can now only find places for women and kids. All males are given tents and sleeping bags. They will get food and access to showers every day.

Erm.....not tonight.

no man GIF

Let's spice this up.

There's a massive economic challenge here. Since 2008 the UK has become wildly unproductive and this has lead to reduced living standards and poor wage growth. We also see a massively declining birth rate (below chart shows births not the rate but you get the idea). This is terrible news for future economic growth and productivity. Schools across the country are reducing their head count and some are even reducing their workforce because there are not enough kids coming through. This means that immigration will have to increase if we care about the country growing in the future.

1703317298013.png

However, to quote Neil McCauley, there's a flip side to this. Immigration policy has largely failed because it has resulted in the expansion of ethnic enclaves across the country. This understandably unsettles the natives and this isn't unique to the UK.

For me it's very important that immigration is used as a tool by the UK to ensure economic needs are met whilst minimising the domestic issues which we have seen for decades now. This ultimately and more controversially means selecting for the right people, which means religion and culture has to be taken into account. But that said, a valid counter to this is that, 'beggars can't be choosers'...

Let's spice this up.

There's a massive economic challenge here. Since 2008 the UK has become wildly unproductive and this has lead to reduced living standards and poor wage growth. We also see a massively declining birth rate (below chart shows births not the rate but you get the idea). This is terrible news for future economic growth and productivity. Schools across the country are reducing their head count and some are even reducing their workforce because there are not enough kids coming through. This means that immigration will have to increase if we care about the country growing in the future.

View attachment 70510

However, to quote Neil McCauley, there's a flip side to this. Immigration policy has largely failed because it has resulted in the expansion of ethnic enclaves across the country. This understandably unsettles the natives and this isn't unique to the UK.

For me it's very important that immigration is used as a tool by the UK to ensure economic needs are met whilst minimising the domestic issues which we have seen for decades now. This ultimately and more controversially means selecting for the right people, which means religion and culture has to be taken into account. But that said, a valid counter to this is that, 'beggars can't be choosers'...

One of the things about the global falling birthrate is that human beings are going to become a precious commodity. I get the feeling that the UK will only wake up this long after the immigrants have stopped coming and the vegetables are rotting in the fields.

But that said, a valid counter to this is that, 'beggars can't be choosers'..
I actually agree with a lot of your spicing up, however beggars can be choosers. The answer is not undocumented immigration via boats or any other route. There are enough people that want to come here, that have the skills that this country needs, and they are the people that we take. As for the ethnic enclaves, that's the fault of all previous governments and their failed multicultural policies. There is virtually no integration in large parts of our country despite what some would have you believe. And the usual fault lines are almost wholly religious.

So petrified. So full of fear. But just going to pop back to where I 'ran from' for a quick holiday for Christmas.
Ha ha ha.Read this yesterday but didn't want to give Mike a heart attack for Christmas doing one of his rants, so I held off posting.

So petrified. So full of fear. But just going to pop back to where I 'ran from' for a quick holiday for Christmas.
seems more than reasonable to me and if we aren't covering all of their travelling expenses i would hope they are at least heavily subsidised.