I’m worried now | Vital Football

I’m worried now

bfcluke

Vital Football Hero
I have to say us being in the bottom 3 heading into the extended break is probably a fair reflection of our season so far and I have to say I’m very worried about this season.

It’s clearly not a happy camp and apart from
Jerry the majority of players are playing worse than last season and our discipline is concerning which also says to me unhappy camp.

How many games have we played now and the performance has just been unacceptable and dire, it’s certainly more than how many times we’ve played well.

Those pinning hopes on a good window and injured players returning are going to be disappointed. Appleton was failed in the summer and they won’t splash too much cash about in January especially in our position now as other clubs will know we are desperate and add extra £££’s.

Re the injured players who will actually make a big difference?

Keshi hasn’t been the same since pre injury last season.

Beesley is unproven and I think most of us on here could have scored against Birmingham last season they were that poor.

Fiorini clearly has a bit about him but can’t finish but will he hit the ground running after a long lay off.

Stewart well will we actually ever see him on the pitch?

Gabriel is another who is too injury prone and I get having Sterling here last season really made him up his game and performances. I know he’s a fan favourite as he’s brilliant with the fans and for selling his clothes range but let’s look at his appearances and he’s clearly injury prone.

Bridcutt added some experience but is another one with injury issues.

It’s looking a bit bleak too me, many fans don’t want Appleton now and never did. I was willing to give him a chance but I just feel he’s lost the dressing room which explains the poor performances and terrible discipline but he has been let down by the board in terms of recruitment so would anyone else do better with the current squad? I’m not sure.

I totally agree with you Luke. I'm now very concerned about our predicament. Four losses in a row to teams either just above us or beneath us is just totally unacceptable.

Would anyone else do better? Who knows but if we stick with Appleton we are going down. Simples.

He is clearly trusted to coach young players by the country's top clubs- City, Arsenal and Liverpool however if you look at Marv, Dougall as examples these players have gone backwards dance his arrival.

One thing we levelled at Quitchley wS his standing bynof his favourites regardless of how they performed. MA has now fallen in to the same issue by sticking with Maxwell. You can't publicly state the reasons for dropping Grimshaw and then not apply the same criteria when he us clearly wobbling.

Quitchley was always late with his subs, 75mins at the earliest, however recently MA has recently been reluctant to bring on fresh legs. That's a testament to the weakness of the squad, injuries, aside I agree with Luke who is actually due to come back and be able to influence the team.
Lyons will be a total guess on his he will adapt to Championship life, I don't think that there is £££ to spend come Jan but with a minimum of £8m between the Championship and lge 1 SS needs to ensure survival.
When he took over he said that he always remembered us as a mid table Championship team and that's where he wanted us to be again. Unfortunately for MA and the.owner the table doesn't lie.

For me he has been handed a 💩ty stick. Quitchley walking out, then a lack of recruitment has seen MA not have the quality of players to carry out his high pressing tempo however a reluctance to have, or utilise a plan B has only exasperated the squad issues and that lies squarely at his door.

The worst thing is the World cup break, gives too much time for Ben Mansford's Appleton to remain in place, a kind of grace for them. Both useless, unfortunately only one will eventually go.

Last edited: