I'm bored | Vital Football

I'm bored

Colburn

Vital Reserves Team
I've been bored all season. There's nothing to get excited about. No attacking play, no one beating their man, no one making runs into the box, no idea at corners, no overlaps, no one shoots. No one scores FFS. The crowd is quiet, give us something to get excited about. Have a go FFS. COYG!

I've been bored all season. There's nothing to get excited about. No attacking play, no one beating their man, no one making runs into the box, no idea at corners, no overlaps, no one shoots. No one scores FFS. The crowd is quiet, give us something to get excited about. Have a go FFS. COYG!
Resorted to watching the lovely LEDs today and marvelled at the Bayliss coach moving around the boards 🚌

We’ve been deprived of entertainment for far too long, my biggest gripe today was the lack of desire from our players, it was evident which team wanted it and which team didn’t and looking back this is a recurring theme.

Im fed up of watching virtually every opponent pass and move, have runners, have desire while we seem to go sideways, backwards, nowhere, stop, start, no movement, nothing.
Yeah I don’t disagree, it’s lazy stuff from us. Give the ball to a team mate and advance into space and by doing so hopefully create an opening, instead we pass side ways and backwards with virtually no forward run. Opposing teams must absolutely love it.

Last edited:
It’s all too pedestrian. We move the ball very slowly. We always play the safe pass, rarely a defence splitting through ball. Our forwards never seem to be in the box when the ball is crossed in. Our set pieces are abysmal. We don’t close the opposition down. We’re scared to shoot.

Someone on the matchday thread said we play like it is a practice match. They’re right.

We’ve been deprived of entertainment for far too long, my biggest gripe today was the lack of desire from our players, it was evident which team wanted it and which team didn’t and looking back this is a recurring theme.
And sadly, this is why we cannot attract more people to enter Priestfield however good the bright shiny LED advertising is.

It’s not even that though, is it. When we were winning 1-0 people still weren’t satisfied. Maybe better to be boring and win than lose 2-0 at home all the time?
I don’t think anyone was dissatisfied at winning 1-0 every week. I don’t recall anyone having issues with that. There were, however, lots of concerns that continuing to play that way would not work for very long, and those concerns were quickly proven.

Several people, myself included, commented they were happy to win regardless of the style, but it was obvious we were getting found out and wanted to be proactive in sorting it, rather than waiting for other teams to embarrass us (sadly, the latter has happened). All kinds of stats get thrown out about Martin Allen and Tony Pulis teams not being overly entertaining, but those teams weren’t second best every game. They were competitive, aggressive and very good at making the opposition look ordinary. The current setup (under three different managers) have only made themselves look ordinary.

I've been bored all season. There's nothing to get excited about. No attacking play, no one beating their man, no one making runs into the box, no idea at corners, no overlaps, no one shoots. No one scores FFS. The crowd is quiet, give us something to get excited about. Have a go FFS.
Really? were you bored when we beat and outplayed Southampton 3-1, same goes for Salford 3-1 and Charlton 2-0. Some of the exaggerations on this board are ridiculous!

And sadly, this is why we cannot attract more people to enter Priestfield however good the bright shiny LED advertising is.
Hmm, this time last season we struggled to get 4,000 in quite a few games. Now we've had a massive improvement averaging in between 6-7,000, which is 2-3,000 more and despite the recent poor form attracted over 7,000 on Boxing Day. How many more do you expect?

Really? were you bored when we beat and outplayed Southampton 3-1, same goes for Salford 3-1 and Charlton 2-0. Some of the exaggerations on this board are ridiculous!
Ok I wasn't bored in those games, or the Accrington one for that matter which was one of our best games under NH though we somehow only won 1-0 ( even though many are including it in fluky 1-0 list now) so yes I'm exaggerating. But the majority of the games have bored me as we simply don't create enough chances or score enough goals or take the game to the opposition at home.