Illegal immigrants cost us £3.7billion p.a.!!! | Vital Football

Illegal immigrants cost us £3.7billion p.a.!!!

Spursex

Alert Team
Illegal immigrants cost taxpayer more than £4,000 a head each year
A Home Office report reveals illegal immigrants cost the public purse up to £4,250 and disclosed the controversial 'Go Home' ad vans were more successful than previously thought

The news comes despite Number 10 insisting a few weeks ago that the “go home” immigration campaign was “already working”. Photo: Rick Findler
David Barrett

By David Barrett, Home Affairs Correspondent

11:44AM GMT 31 Oct 2013

Every illegal immigrant in Britain costs the taxpayer up to £4,250 a year in costs for public services such as the NHS and education, according to a new official report.

It means the total cost to the public purse could be up to £3.7 billion a year, based on previous estimates which said there were as many as 860,000 illegal immigrants in the country.

The figure emerged in an official Home Office document which showed the Government’s controversial “Go Home” advertising campaign - which included ad vans touring the streets of multicultural areas - saved the taxpayer up to £830,000.

Mark Harper, the immigration minister, disclosed the campaign was far more successful in persuading illegal immigrants to leave Britain than previously disclosed.

He said 125 illegal immigrants came forward after seeing the publicity, of whom 60 have already left the country.
Related Articles

UK's Roma population much higher than previously thought
30 Oct 2013

Operation Vaken, which took place between July 22 and August 22 in six London boroughs, saw mobile billboards take to the streets emblazoned with the slogan “Go home or face arrest”.

Mr Harper said the 60 voluntary departures represented a “notional saving” of £830,000 based on the average £15,000 cost of an enforced removal.

The report said: “The average cost of a voluntary removal is £1,000, and the average cost of an enforced removal is £15,000.

“The 60 voluntary removals connected to Operation Vaken therefore represent a notional saving of approximately £830,000 compared to the costs of enforcing those removals.

“In addition, each person living illegally in the UK is estimated to cost up to a further £4,250 per year in costs to public services.

“The return of 60 individuals, as a result of Operation Vaken, may therefore have saved an additional estimated £255,000 in public service costs annually on this basis, with savings continuing into future years.”

Last week Theresa May, the Home Secretary, admitted the vans were “too much of a blunt instrument” and will not be rolled out nationwide.

The Home Office report showed that of the 125 illegal immigrants who came forward two thirds were from India. In all, 90 Indians came forward, along with nine Pakistanis, six Brazilians and five South Africans.

In all, 15 said they had asked to go home voluntarily because of the ad van campaign. Another 19 said they came forward because they had seen coverage of the ad vans in media reports or on the internet.

The bulk of the remainder said they had seen other posters or leaflets which were distributed by the Home Office as part of the campaign, which cost just £9,740 in total.

Britain’s total illegal population is by its nature very difficult to measure but a report by the London School of Economics in 2009 gave an upper estimate of 863,000.

80deg16minW - 31/10/2013 12:32

Mushroom cloud over VS today.

so I see - missed the game last night, been in the nether regions of Eastern Europe the last week, connectivity was almost non-existant - where we that bad?

Spursex - 31/10/2013 12:35

so I see - missed the game last night, been in the nether regions of Eastern Europe the last week, connectivity was almost non-existant - where we that bad?

No. But we weren't that good either. Some positive signs from Lamela. We fought back after we went down 2-1. Massively tense penalty shoot out. It was all very exciting and we won. Nice goal from Siggy. We probably would have won in 90 if Lloris had started. Brad is looking old and rusty.

80deg16minW - 31/10/2013 12:38

No. But we weren't that good either. Some positive signs from Lamela. We fought back after we went down 2-1. Massively tense penalty shoot out. It was all very exciting and we won. Nice goal from Siggy. We probably would have won in 90 if Lloris had started. Brad is looking old and rusty.

Given his age and lack of playing time, that just doesn't surprise me. Hopefully, we'll promote Jordan soon and he'll get some game time.

80deg16minW - 31/10/2013 12:38

I don't know what your fixation with Friedel having had a bad game!

He pulled off some great saves and ultimately save Spurs bacon by saving 2 penalties.
Just because Lloris played, wouldn't have meant jack shit last night.

We were terrible but I'm slowly finding out 80, that you are blind to our faults.
No harm, that is not a dig. We have glaringly obvious problems around the field and the goalkeeper is certainly not one of them!

BTW the mushroom cloud comment was referring to the nuclear reaction the article you posted will get. They will debate the numbers instead of facing the problem like they always do.

Galvin's Shinpads - 31/10/2013 12:49

As for this thread...

Another right-wing dating site opens!

I take you don't pay taxes then. or if you do, you don't care how they're abused?

80deg16minW - 31/10/2013 12:50

BTW the mushroom cloud comment was referring to the nuclear reaction the article you posted will get. They will debate the numbers instead of facing the problem like they always do.

Of course, it's expected.. :14:

Spursex - 31/10/2013 12:53

As for this thread...

I take you don't pay taxes then. or if you do, you don't care how they're abused?

It doesn't seem to matter how my taxes are paid, as the ruling elite don't listen to the people anyway.
There-in lies the problem!

80deg16minW - 31/10/2013 12:50

In my experience on here, it's the right-wingers like yourself and Ex, who pull up numbers, blinding us with science.

When I see threads like this, I guffaw. It's actually pretty funny.

Galvin's Shinpads - 31/10/2013 12:56

Spursex - 31/10/2013 12:53

As for this thread...

Then Galvin, you have to organise and (within the law) bring pressure to bear - it's the same for all of us that want greater transparency and greater accountability - it doesn't matter what colour your politics are; but concerted pressure does bring about change.

At least now immigration, especially illegal immigration is now a topic that can be openly dicussed with silly lables from the left being chucked about - that's a huge leap forward, it's almost as big as the admission that Milliband made that it's a problem of labours causing...

It doesn't seem to matter how my taxes are paid, as the ruling elite don't listen to the people anyway.
There-in lies the problem!

What is that transparency international thing you talked about?

£3.7 billion per annum? So how will the EU pay us for that? After all, they let them into our country. They also don't defend their own borders and then they get into ours. I think if it's proven that they got in through France or Netherlands, or wherever, then that country should take them back and pay for the costs of the stay they had here. After all, none come to Britain and then go on to live in France. I don't hear of French TV programmes showing people illegally getting rides into France.

Spursex - 31/10/2013 13:14

80deg16minW - 31/10/2013 13:11

What is that transparency international thing you talked about?

http://www.transparency.org.uk/

I support it's aims and help fund it.

They need to open an office here. How we rank so well is beyond me.

Welshtel - 31/10/2013 13:37

£3.7 billion per annum? So how will the EU pay us for that? After all, they let them into our country. They also don't defend their own borders and then they get into ours. I think if it's proven that they got in through France or Netherlands, or wherever, then that country should take them back and pay for the costs of the stay they had here. After all, none come to Britain and then go on to live in France. I don't hear of French TV programmes showing people illegally getting rides into France.

At the moment this also excludes the 200,000 Roma here, as they now admit they've got the numbers drastically wrong again - so just wait until Jan next year when all the (joke) controls are gone - warnings of another 500,000 from these groups now appear be on increasingly conservative and migration watch think that within two years it's likely to be closer to a million - our services are close to total collapse already another big influx will in all liklihood push it over the edge.

What's interesting is that it is our legendary ability for us to simply accept large groups on infux without any recriminations that they say is why they come here..I expect it's more likely that our soft financial controls is what has attracted them mostly.

Our politicians and the EU have let us down yet again.

The sooner we renegociate the EU treaties and try and win some semblence of control back the better - if we can't we simply have to get ASAP.