Ifollow | Vital Football

Ifollow

Just seen obviously similar article,248 matches from Div 1 and Div 2.but will Ifollow still exist,will you still be able to watch games using a vpn,or has ifollow vanished

You'll be able to watch all the games you could before on iFollow, but through NowTv at a close of twelve quid (for an all day pass) as opposed to a tenner.

Struggling to work out the figures here. First they say they're planning on showing 248 L2 games per season. Then they say "Each League weekend fixture round will see 10 live EFL fixtures shown. Five matches will be shown from the Sky Bet Championship and supporters of Sky Bet League One and League Two teams will now benefit from greater coverage than ever before with five of their games being broadcast live". Five L1 and L2 games per week presumably means 3 from L1 and 2 from L2. But 2 games a week from L2 sure as hell doesn't add up to 248 in a season.

But, *if* it is 248 games per season, that'd mean each team being televised around 20 times. And since they say "The new deal allows for 'Article 48', the blocked broadcast period between 2.45pm and 5.15pm on Saturday afternoons to remain, meaning that main broadcast fixtures will be scheduled for outside of this time", that'd mean that almost half of our games next season aren't going to be played on a Saturday at 3pm.

Struggling to work out the figures here. First they say they're planning on showing 248 L2 games per season. Then they say "Each League weekend fixture round will see 10 live EFL fixtures shown. Five matches will be shown from the Sky Bet Championship and supporters of Sky Bet League One and League Two teams will now benefit from greater coverage than ever before with five of their games being broadcast live". Five L1 and L2 games per week presumably means 3 from L1 and 2 from L2. But 2 games a week from L2 sure as hell doesn't add up to 248 in a season.

But, *if* it is 248 games per season, that'd mean each team being televised around 20 times. And since they say "The new deal allows for 'Article 48', the blocked broadcast period between 2.45pm and 5.15pm on Saturday afternoons to remain, meaning that main broadcast fixtures will be scheduled for outside of this time", that'd mean that almost half of our games next season aren't going to be played on a Saturday at 3pm.

I think the key paragraph is this one:

All opening, final day, and midweek fixtures in the Sky Bet EFL will be shown live, as will all games played on Bank Holidays including Easter, Boxing Day and New Year's Day alongside the matches played in Sky Bet League One and League Two during international breaks.

The Easter and Christmas fixtures alone equates to 48 games.

How many planned midweek fixtures do we get? Maybe 8? If so that would be another 96.

How many weekends will we play during international fixture weekend? Maybe four? So another 48 (assuming no postponements).

Opening and final day fixtures is another 24 games.

We’re then looking at a remaining 32 games spread across 36(?) weeks - so an average of just under one per weekend.

So as gills fans we’ll probably have around three fixtures moved from the traditional 3pm Saturday kick off each season.

Last edited:
Let's hope it doesn't end up having a similar end to the ITV fiasco, because we are still getting reminded what sort of problems we had when that went belly-up.

All opening, final day, and midweek fixtures in the Sky Bet EFL will be shown live, as will all games played on Bank Holidays including Easter, Boxing Day and New Year's Day alongside the matches played in Sky Bet League One and League Two during international breaks.

How many planned midweek fixtures do we get? Maybe 8? If so that would be another 96.

How many weekends will we play during international fixture weekend? Maybe four? So another 48 (assuming no postponements).

We’re then looking at a remaining 32 games spread across 36(?) weeks - so an average of just under one per weekend.

So as gills fans we’ll probably have around three fixtures moved from the traditional 3pm Saturday kick off each season.

Yes, but the key sentence is this one-

"Domestic streaming audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences via iFollow and club streaming services."

You'll be able to watch all the games you could before on iFollow, but through NowTv at a close of twelve quid (for an all day pass) as opposed to a tenner.
Thanks, TEG. Do you know if there will be a similar "domestic ban" (ie sound only, no live video) for iFollow (NowTV) subscribers not resident abroad ?

Useful, cheers. I suppose, for long distance fans like me, the extra TV games could well add a complication premium re booking travel in advance. Frequent short-notice fixture switches by SKY etc can be a bit of a bugger when travel and accommodation is already booked.

Plus, next season, when we`re riding high, well clear at the top of L2, we may have more short-notice changes than would otherwise be the case.

Being a mediocre, mid-table team has its advantages to long distance travellers like myself. In fact, now I think about it, i`m hoping that we keep our current team - no changes, on the pitch, none of this we`re going up malarky, just a calm Saturday afternoon watching the Gills from an uncrowded away end and no queues for a pie, or a tiddle.

Yes, but the key sentence is this one-

"Domestic streaming audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences via iFollow and club streaming services."

Doesn’t have a great flow to be honest.

As you were overseas fans.It looks like for us, the original I follow arrangements remain unchanged.
Bloody he'll this post had me reaching for the heart tablets
And us special firestick customers!!! Yes, the EFL press release is specific about it being for domestic customer, so it seems ifolllow will still be an option for overseas customers, those with a good vpn or a special firestick!